Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

WY Pronghorn help

David58

Looking to hunt pronghorn in WY this year, as I struck out in NM except for Ibex. Need meat in the freezer, so a trophy hunt is not my motivation. Would appreciate any advice recommendations - I am very flexible with my time, but a guided hunt is out of my budget.

Do you have any points? I haven’t applies the last couple years but I don’t think there’s very many zero point units left out there. There’s some units that have decent odds of looking for does

Do you have any points? I haven’t applies the last couple years but I don’t think there’s very many zero point units left out there. There’s some units that have decent odds of looking for does
No, no points. If points are needed, looks like I will be in the biz of buying points for me and me Bride.

Goat tags will be down across the board this year. WGFD just announced they reduced the quotas.

Can't buy points till after the draw, and never wait for leftovers.

Look at the odds reports, pick a hunt area, and apply. I can think of 2 areas you can draw with zero, off the top of my head.

Can't buy points till after the draw, and never wait for leftovers.

Look at the odds reports, pick a hunt area, and apply. I can think of 2 areas you can draw with zero, off the top of my head.
What area you can draw a antelope tag with no point my friend??

Use the map, select a unit, and click on non-resident draw odds. A few places in the eastern part of the state still have 0 point draw tags

I could use a 5# jug of RL-25.....

Until then;

Your 1st choice goes thru the preference point side of the draw, where the apps are sorted by points, then all remaining 1st choice apps go thru the random side. You need to look at the random odds reports, comparing the quota to the number of remaining 1st choice apps. Taking into account lower quotas and residents draw first.
You do similar for 2nd choice odds; decrementing 1st choice apps from the quota, then comparing remaining quota to 2nd choice apps.

I would trade him 6 antelope tags for his ibex tag in a heart beat
Hey! I called it....hahahahaha

totally agree...I keep trying though... I used to put in during college when the archery season lined up with my winter break. It was like 50 percent odds and I still never drew.

I can't even draw a nanny tag!

What if you only want antelope doe and have no points. I’m a GoHunt member, but don’t really know how to find a decent unit for that.

Is there anyway we can trade the NM ibex tag for my 5 WY lope points?
I would trade him 6 antelope tags for his ibex tag in a heart beat
Hey! I called it....hahahahaha

totally agree...I keep trying though... I used to put in during college when the archery season lined up with my winter break. It was like 50 percent odds and I still never drew.

I can't even draw a nanny tag!
I would trade in a heartbeat - if there were a way to do so. My issue is a knee that might not care for the climbing. I know there are folks that would trade their elk tag with me in a heartbeat - my wife and I would have much preferred cow tags, but instead have the two (TWO!) Ibex tags.

I would trade in a heartbeat - if there were a way to do so. My issue is a knee that might not care for the climbing. I know there are folks that would trade their elk tag with me in a heartbeat - my wife and I would have much preferred cow tags, but instead have the two (TWO!) Ibex tags.
Haha. Congrats on the ibex tags. That is wonderful. Sorry about the knee. Take it slow, but I hope you get one.

I don't know enough on WY zero point buck tags other than they exist and you will have to hunt little pockets of public if you don't have permission on private. I envy the guys on here who hammer a buck ever year on public in zero point units.

The doe tags are a good option, but are hit or miss.

Best of luck on both, especially the ibex.

What if you only want antelope doe and have no points. I’m a GoHunt member, but don’t really know how to find a decent unit for that.

Doe Antelope don't use points.

They haven't published 2021 yet but look at the "new for 2020" section for a link to their doe odds.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back