Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

WY NR elk app deadline Jan 31, 2015

What Map

Don't forget Wyoming elk applications for nonresidents must be in by the end of the day January 31, 2015.

Got mine in yesterday. Would have been sooner but took me a month to work out the regulations!

Mine have been in for a couple weeks now.. I like to spread the costs out as much as possible between January and May.

I got mine in a couple weeks ago. This year hasn't been too painful as I've been able to do both Utah and Arizona on last year's licenses. Next year will hurt a little more, again.

I got mine in a couple weeks ago. This year hasn't been too painful as I've been able to do both Utah and Arizona on last year's licenses. Next year will hurt a little more, again.

I'd be very careful with that in AZ. Their system is not set up to notify you if your license expires before the time you need to have it for the draw. I am predicting many sad applicants two points behind where they should be after the draw this year.

I've decided to put off my procrastination till tomorrow, sharing max points wth 2600 others makes it harder to decide which unit to roll the dice on...

I'd be very careful with that in AZ. Their system is not set up to notify you if your license expires before the time you need to have it for the draw. I am predicting many sad applicants two points behind where they should be after the draw this year.

My license is good through the 10th, so I should be safe. I called Fish and Game down there and the gal said that I'm good to go. Procrastinating last year saved me $160.00 this year! :hump:

My license is good through the 10th, so I should be safe. I called Fish and Game down there and the gal said that I'm good to go. Procrastinating last year saved me $160.00 this year! :hump:

You'll still need that 2015 license to apply for deer so it really didn't save you. :) Since you already have to buy the license you might as well spend a couple more bucks and build points for other species. I gathered from the photos on your story that you're still young so you'll have a chance to pull a tag or 2 in AZ sometime down the road.

I'm hoping you draw BTW so we can get another great story out of you.

Shootsmany, I just can't justify $175.00 for a deer preference point this year. It's probably stupid and I'll probably be kicking myself down the road for it, but I'll have to live with it. I doubt they'll leave this "loophole" open for long so I'm guessing soon enough I'll be buying a license every year and will be building deer points as well.

I only bought an AZ point for myself this year, but I did put my dad in for a late rifle hunt. I want to do an archery hunt when I draw AZ and there is a 50/50 shot we'll draw a Wyoming general tag this year. Since I can't afford two tags or hunts in a year I just got a point.

I will be applying to NM regardless of the Wyoming draw. The units I apply for will be determined by the results. I should have another story for you no matter what, as we will fall back on CO or MT if all else fails in the draws.

Good luck!

So the deadline was extended through the 11. I hope your license is still good for the draw.

Maybe they'll discontinue online apps again for a few years and confuse us all. That was such a cluster when they did that.

So the deadline was extended through the 11. I hope your license is still good for the draw.

I called Fish and Game twice yesterday and both times I was assured that I would be just fine with my license that expired on the 10th. Other people were told the exact same thing. But, in the end, I chickened out and ponied up the $160.00 for a license to start on the 11th. I just couldn't risk it and had no faith that, if the gal I talked was wrong, they would do the right thing and give me my point. I'm not after a top tier tag and hope to hunt there in 4 years so I couldn't risk this year's point and my future loyalty point.

On the bright side, I should have two days buffer next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back