Wy.elk area 100-2

Yooper Bob

My buddy and I drew the 100-2 elk tag and were looking for info on the Farson - Eden irrigation project from anyone who has hunted it . I have already talked to the game warden and biologist who were very helpfull. thanks.

Was just n the area last year. What are you needing to know it's all private irrigated fields for the most part. Unless you have access lined out I wouldn't plan on hunting it.

WY is pretty good about working with landowners and problem animals. We saw a total of about 10 elk in the irrigated areas in a weeks time. (first week of type 1 rifle) Two small herds, one of the two were shot into just after we passed them all 5 point raghorn bulls. The other herd was there all week and we were told the family purchased the property just for hunting and didn't allow others on the place pretty much. I think those elk are very mobile in there it seems and get chased out pretty quickly if the property is accessible just my two cents. I wouldn't plan a hunt around it personally.
I wasn't impressed with the unit myself considering it was labeled as one of the best. We killed a nice bull out in the blm but he was by far the best we saw while hunting or scouting. Heard of a really nice bull shot right on the road toward the Southern border of the unit while there but didn't see it. Lots of UTV pressure out in the blm. I'm sure it gets worse after the first week and cow hunters appear on the scene. Have two buddies headed out to cow hunt actually this year there.

Thank you brownbear, thats the info I was looking for, someone who was there and had a feel for the situation . I talked to the guy that shot the bull you mentioned, he gave me some good info on the area he scouted in. Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back