Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wy draw question

mixedbag

Do you get a chance in the random drawing for your 1st choice app before they go to the 2nd round??I want to put in for a great unit with pretty good special random odds as my 1st choice and then go special general with my 2nd choice.Just want to make sure I have a chance at random 1st choice before my 2nd choice is figured in

Correct. After the PP draw for the 1st choices, all who did not draw have their 1st choice placed in the random draw for the 25% of tags in that pool. If you did not draw there, then they go to your second choice.

Yes- If it is a preference point draw your first choice will be part of the random drawing. They only have a 2nd choice drawing if there are tags leftover after all the 1st choice. There are 2 other guys on this site that really know the system and they will probably elaborate.

You may already know this , but, if you draw your 1st choice in the random portion of the drawing- you still lose your preference point(s) Which is usually a good thing because you probably skipped years of apply by lucking out and getting drawn in the random drawing

Last edited:
Yeah, I know I'll lose my points and look up the random in the unit I'll be looking at in 3 more years and the random odds are pretty good 1 in 9

Just a quick question on this, so I can be clear. If I don't draw in the first round (on a preference point draw), I would not be guaranteed my second choice would I?

Isn't the second choice unit a draw too?

Yea your not gonna draw your second choice. You really only have one chance and tgats your first choice. They look at all first choices first in WY and all the LE unit bull hunts fill up and there's no leftover tags for limited entry units. Someone Please correct me if this isn't right? But I'm pretty sure

You can draw a general tag 2nd choice in special draw,$1000+.Not guaranteed but about 67% odds I think.I know of no le units making 2nd round,but I'm sure I'm wrong.Any that do require guiding into wilderness I would think.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brady1988
Back