Wy and Idaho

Fisheye1

I drew Wy unit 52-2 buck. Have a map of BLM land. was wondering if any one had been to this unit and could give me a starting point? Also if anyone knows of a good place in saratoge to stay or eat that would be cool too.

Also drew an any antelope rifle tag for unit 42 in Idaho. Was wondering if anyone had a starting point for this unit? I have heard simplot owns a lot of land in this unit, but you can get permission to crose through it if you go to the office. Dose anyone know about this?

Thanks

Saratoga lodging....Sage and Sand Motel. Basic/clean old school Mom/Pop . Hotel Hacienda: slightly out of town, up the hill, more like a Motel 6. (info from 80's and 90's!!! buyer beware!!!)

Hotel Wolf Restaurant (did not have a lodging option back for years before I went to Saratoga)....best hamburger I've ever ordered in a dining establishment...hot to the last bite.

Mom's Diner: go early for breakfast and see "real Wyoming cowboys" filling up on 'joe and eats, but they leave before the tourists get there.......second disclaimer.....summer fishing times does not equal hunting season atmosphere!!:D

Sage and sand looks good on the website I think I will stay there. Did you see any antelope when you where back there?

I live in Idaho. I really wanted to to go after antelope with a rifle this year and I figured I would never get the Idaho rifle goat tag so I put in for Wy. Then turns out I get both.

I'm not sure about Simplot allowing access across their ground. I would say know where you are down there as there is a lot of private ground scattered with BLM. Idaho F&G map center has a lot of information regarding what is Access Yes, private property, and BLM. Water will be key as it is a VERY dry year.

Good luck!

Fish, there are some landowners beyond Simplot that govern a couple of key access spots into the unit. I've hunted it several times for goats and numerous times for sage grouse. Have you any specific ideas about where you intend to go?
WD

The Sage and Sand will get the job done. We crashed there the night after we got weathered off the snowies last year.

+1 on the Hotel Wolf. Awesome food and the guy who runs the place is a big bowhunter.

Send me a PM, I have spent some time on the BLM between Saratoga and the Sierra Madres.

I almost live in unit 42 here in Idaho, spend almost all my free time in that direction, your success there depends on how far away from the trails you can get, as soon as the shooting starts they head too where the shooting is not.... that's why I bow hunt that unit.... best of luck if you don't get the help your looking for feel free too PM me, the score range in that unit ranges from the 60's too low 70's with a few bigger one's in there, the biggest antelope I have ever seen in Idaho was in that unit, I guessed somewhere in that 88 range, which would be the new state record, but havn't seen him in awhile, probably poached... knowing what all those stray ranch hands do down there..... best of luck...
Matt

I have a lead with simp lot, but if that doesnt pann out. Just start heading southeast on battle creek rd. And start glass when ever I come to a high spot?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back