Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WY 2021 deer/antelope results

Was there a way to view the reduced tag numbers when they announced that earlier this year? First time applicant for Wyoming antelope, did about a years worth of homework and research. Thought I would have near 100% odds in the PP draw with 0.5 points (group). I knew point creep might be an issue but what really surprised me was the fact they reduced the tags by 68% in the unit I selected. If I could've seen the reduced tag numbers I likely would've picked a different unit. Thanks.

Was there a way to view the reduced tag numbers when they announced that earlier this year? First time applicant for Wyoming antelope, did about a years worth of homework and research. Thought I would have near 100% odds in the PP draw with 0.5 points (group). I knew point creep might be an issue but what really surprised me was the fact they reduced the tags by 68% in the unit I selected. If I could've seen the reduced tag numbers I likely would've picked a different unit. Thanks.
Yes, these were in the proposed season-setting meetings. You could see last year's quota crossed out with the current year's proposed quota. Once the seasons were set the quota information is tougher to find

Yes, these were in the proposed season-setting meetings. You could see last year's quota crossed out with the current year's proposed quota. Once the seasons were set the quota information is tougher to find
Good to know, I'll remember that next time. Thanks.

This draw was a real point of self reflection or reality check. I'm not sure of when I got so spoiled or maybe developed a sense of entitlement. But, I'm back to earth now.

Got email from G&F at 8:07 AM with link to my results, wife got same to hers:

Resident tags:

Elk:
Me: General tag (3rd choice)
Her: 35 cow tag (2nd choice)

Deer: General for both, will pick up area 27 does tags at some point

Antelope:
73-1 for both of us, first choice (party application for these - new area to explore about 90 minutes from home)
Also each picked up an 16 doe tag, right next door!

Guess we aren't elk hunting together much, I will probably call for her during archery though.

Oh the good ole days are gone I guess in WY. Or maybe folks are just burning points before the rate hikes begin combined with tag number drops and recruitment. I miss the days of picking up a leftover tag a few weeks before heading out to MT on a deer hunt and stopping over a night or two to drop an antelope quickly.
Good luck this year to all of those that drew. I sit out this year hoping to draw ID elk/deer/ or lope.

I'll just be working on my PRs this fall like Rob since I didn't draw. Really didn't want to miss a week of training and trolling to hunt Wyoming anyway. I'll monetize something else like my banana hammock and be back stronger and richer next season.

From the sounds of it, and certainly in my own case, Hunting has become Hunt Talk. There is no real hunting to be done. Just talk. Man, I'm bummed.

So the only real question left is whether to throw more good money after bad and buy more antelope or elk points? Ever heard of The Concorde Fallacy? This is it.

Deer, I'm out. Permanently. From now on, it will be in state only.

Elk, I'll probably chase a little longer with my points but this will be a last gasp effort.

Antelope, this is the big question. With just three points, maybe better to just walk away completely and be happy with memories from here on out.

Wyoming is about done squeezing money out of me.
I understand the sentiment.

I regret not getting into the western hunting racket earlier in life.

But, me being me, I will keep on chasing the dream until I catch it or tip over.

i can't decide if looking at the odds and seeing the special draws for antelope i almost put in for (thinking i would've had an excess of points), then didn't put in for to not spend that much, only to find i would've been creeped regardless out is even more upsetting than it would've been had i given it a shot. maybe it's just more depressing to view you had no chance anyway.

has anyone coined that term yet? i got creeped out of the draw?

or crept out?

goodness.
I'm calling everyone who put in with more points than it took last year creepers.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back