WY 2021 deer/antelope results

I did OK on my Resident draws, but it was a total whiff for my son as a NR. I got general deer and elk tags, plus an antelope tag where my odds were only 30%. Also drew a cow elk tag, but was unsuccessful on doe/fawn antelope.

I’d put my son in for all the same stuff, but since this is his first year applying and he has zero points, it was a long shot for him and he didn’t draw any of it. Deer and antelope both needed 9 pts for 100% odds in the unit. Could be awhile before we hunt WY together!

How, the draw odds have it at 22% with 0 points and 41% in the random? Those numbers are for the regular not special. If it makes you feel any better I had an elk tag up there in 2020, couple scouting trips in the summer and 2 hunting trips I saw one 4 point and a handful of 3 points. I’m sure there’s deer up there but I’m pretty sure I saw more moose than mule deer bucks.
I have no idea just went and looked at the numbers after seeing this and I hope I didn't mess up my application.

i can't decide if looking at the odds and seeing the special draws for antelope i almost put in for (thinking i would've had an excess of points), then didn't put in for to not spend that much, only to find i would've been creeped regardless out is even more upsetting than it would've been had i given it a shot. maybe it's just more depressing to view you had no chance anyway.

has anyone coined that term yet? i got creeped out of the draw?

or crept out?

goodness.

Back