WY 2021 deer/antelope results

No luck drawing Y with 2.5 points this year for Mule deer.
How, the draw odds have it at 22% with 0 points and 41% in the random? Those numbers are for the regular not special. If it makes you feel any better I had an elk tag up there in 2020, couple scouting trips in the summer and 2 hunting trips I saw one 4 point and a handful of 3 points. I’m sure there’s deer up there but I’m pretty sure I saw more moose than mule deer bucks.

Initial app strategy was to kill better bulls and bucks than jm77’s grandkids. Soon realized this was not attainable. Next strategy was to simply get more tags than BuzzH. I think we may have done it.

4 hunters in the house. We drew 4 type 1 antelope tags, 3 cow elk tags and a 102 deer tag. Add in the 4 Gen elk and the 3 Gen deer tags we will get, it should be a fun season.

Initial app strategy was to kill better bulls and bucks than jm77’s grandkids. Soon realized this was not attainable. Next strategy was to simply get more tags than BuzzH. I think we may have done it.

4 hunters in the house. We drew 4 type 1 antelope tags, 3 cow elk tags and a 102 deer tag. Add in the 4 Gen elk and the 3 Gen deer tags we will get, it should be a fun season.
Only thing left to do now to one up ole Buzz is to park along a highway in order to corner cross to fill all tags. Good luck this season!

From the sounds of it, and certainly in my own case, Hunting has become Hunt Talk. There is no real hunting to be done. Just talk. Man, I'm bummed.

So the only real question left is whether to throw more good money after bad and buy more antelope or elk points? Ever heard of The Concorde Fallacy? This is it.

Deer, I'm out. Permanently. From now on, it will be in state only.

Elk, I'll probably chase a little longer with my points but this will be a last gasp effort.

Antelope, this is the big question. With just three points, maybe better to just walk away completely and be happy with memories from here on out.

Wyoming is about done squeezing money out of me.

From the sounds of it, and certainly in my own case, Hunting has become Hunt Talk. There is no real hunting to be done. Just talk. Man, I'm bummed.

So the only real question left is whether to throw more good money after bad and buy more antelope or elk points? Ever heard of The Concorde Fallacy? This is it.

Deer, I'm out. Permanently. From now on, it will be in state only.

Elk, I'll probably chase a little longer with my points but this will be a last gasp effort.

Antelope, this is the big question. With just three points, maybe better to just walk away completely and be happy with memories from here on out.

Wyoming is about done squeezing money out of me.
There’s also Colorado, Idaho, Montana...

There’s also Colorado, Idaho, Montana...
Not really. The mad house that is colorado - no thanks. Idaho cuts two more days out of hunting to drive there. Montana. Maybe. Been there. Might go back. Not sure it's worth it - just ask BuzzH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back