MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

WY 2021 deer/antelope results

The creep is real. I had a bad feeling about it, went in with over 1 point more than 100% last year for deer. This is gonna be a tough season, plans A and B were unsuccessful and plan C is non existent . Congrtas to all those who got drawn, enjoy

I'm one step closer to never hunting Wyoming again. I need to find something else to do than big game hunting I think.

Golf?

License TypeResultsArea/Type
NONRESIDENT ELK
Unsuccessful
N/A
NONRESIDENT DOE/FAWN ANTELOPE
Unsuccessful
N/A
NONRESIDENT ANTELOPE
Unsuccessful
N/A

I think it's time for me to try something different next year.

Yep my unit took over two points more to draw this year than last year. Time to put a stop to “hunter recruitment.”
Well, at least stop the "Antelope is the best meat on Earth and hunting out West is the only cool thing to do in the Fall."

Hunter recruitment is fine as long as the new guys hunt the 'burbs of their local metropolis.

I blame Randy and Rinella ;)

I fully expected significant point creep this year and was not disappointed. I drew my second choice for antelope, but doe tags were unsuccessful.

I look forward to seeing draw data come out and looking into how some of these units played out. A few years ago I thought that WY had started to become an every other year state for the NR Antelope hunter, and I think that is certainly true, maybe every 3 years now.

Just looked at the odds, applied with 2 points for antelope and made the cut but <2 was only 40%. For 2020 that same tag was 100% at <1 point. Surprised I still drew considering a 64% tag reduction.

For deer, still had plenty of wiggle room as I drew my 2nd choice!
I am surprised I drew the doe tags myself even being a resident. I thought the reduction in quota was drastic.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back