WY 2021 deer/antelope results

At the very last minute I put in for a doe in my favorite, “access sucks” unit.

Lol apparently my hunting buddy had the exact same idea and picked the same unit.

“So you figured it was crappy and no one would want to walk that far to kill a doe?”

“Exactly”

… so I’m excited to wander around WY 🤓

I'm in for disapointment.
Me too! Was reminiscing about the old days and all the slammer random tags I used to draw regularly. Those days are long gone now with all the media, publications, apps & massive applicant increases. Just noticed every tag I’ve drawn since 2012 has been preference. Zero random in any state. But the greased politicians will insist we need crossguns for hunter recruitment ya right.

I used 6 points for area that was <5. Booked my hotel last night. Hope that doesn't jinx me. Group put in for 8 doe tags also. Looking forward to fishing for trout with over 4000 fish per mile. This draw will have people wanting points for doe tags. Some ways it would be nice so you could plan better.

I used 6 points for area that was <5. Booked my hotel last night. Hope that doesn't jinx me. Group put in for 8 doe tags also. Looking forward to fishing for trout with over 4000 fish per mile. This draw will have people wanting points for doe tags. Some ways it would be nice so you could plan better.
That's interesting. I wonder if that ever gets discussed in Wyoming. I think some people in the past have commented on here that what Wyoming probably should do is raise the tag price for does a little for non-residents.

That's interesting. I wonder if that ever gets discussed in Wyoming. I think some people in the past have commented on here that what Wyoming probably should do is raise the tag price for does a little for non-residents.
This is what I would rather see. I don't think we should be looking to add point systems to any draw that doesn't already have them.

But I do think Wyoming should raise doe prices for non-residents and probably residents too. Make people get serious about the idea of killing a doe and not treat them like party favors to add on to a buck hunt.

Personally I like that there are a few hunting options out there that are affordable for folks.

7 years ago, I was really having to budget for a NR doe tag + gas. Was brown bagging it and camping and it still seemed like a bit of an extravagance.

I definitely think does are valuable, as valuable as bucks. But at the same time I want everyone to be able to get out there.

You could make elk tags $5000 and pronghorn $3000 and still have point creep in units. All you would do is insure that only rich folks hunted and that we were getting even closer to the British model of hunting.

Personally I like that there are a few hunting options out there that are affordable for folks.

7 years ago, I was really having to budget for a NR doe tag + gas. Was brown bagging it and camping and it still seemed like a bit of an extravagance.

I definitely think does are valuable, as valuable as bucks. But at the same time I want everyone to be able to get out there.

You could make elk tags $5000 and pronghorn $3000 and still have point creep in units. All you would do is insure that only rich folks hunted and that we were getting even closer to the British model of hunting.
Probably more valuable from a herd health standpoint.

I am where you were seven years ago, so I can agree with the general sentiment in your post. I just think does are low enough as it is that there's room to raise the price and not put a doe tag out of reach for Joe NR.

Plus naking doe tags a little pricier might just make people less likely to throw two doe apps on top of their buck app, meaning hopefully less pressure on doe tags for the guys who are brown bagging it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back