WY 113 Pronghorn

Just another hopeless hunter who went for the easily available 113 tag despite the limited access.

Kidding aside, I love backcountry hunting and have no issues doing 10 miles a day (yes, even for Antelope). This will be my first goat hunt. I have studied the GIS maps, OnX, the forums, and watched many DIY Antelope hunt videos.

Inevitably, i still need a spot to park. I did find something interesting conflicts between OnX and GIS. They show light plant road ending (becoming private) at two different locations. I am hoping to talk with someone who has driven the area.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just hike from the main highway on the edge of the unit if 10 miles doesn't bother you. You could learn what 20 feels like if you wanted, or 30. Goodluck!

Thanks. I have already made a couple game plans just like that. I have done 20 and would prefer not to again. 30 would be impressive, given how small the unit is.

I am also making a game plan based on parking off light plant road and hiking from there too. The further back the better (to get away from the pressure in the south). Any confirmation on where that county road ends/becomes private would be appreciated.

When I hunted 113 in 2019 the old diagonal road connecting I25 and 397 was open and had parking/public access.

Thanks. I have already made a couple game plans just like that. I have done 20 and would prefer not to again. 30 would be impressive, given how small the unit is.

I am also making a game plan based on parking off light plant road and hiking from there too. The further back the better (to get away from the pressure in the south). Any confirmation on where that county road ends/becomes private would be appreciated.
How did your hunt go? Thinking about trying out 113 in the fall. Talked to both WGFD and Wyoming Highway Patrol and figured out a way into the northwestern block of BLM.

It was successful. There was a lot of pressure near the roads, but if you were willing to walk a bit you could get in front of all other hunters.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back