Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

WTB Wall Tent or outfitter tent

TN VOL

Looking for wall tent or outfitter tent. Needs to be 14x16 or 16x20..or somewhere in between. Pm me if you have anything..prefer canvas.
Thanks

If you are willing to go new, the guys at Davis Tents (Chris) were OUTSTANDING to work with as I bought mine this winter. I found them through many recommendations here on HT.

i have a 15x18 Davis tent. bought it 4 years ago already and couldnt be happier. things i would recommend that i didnt get right away would be the wall organizers and the ridge pole sleeves. I also didn't buy the floor but wish i did. I'm using carpet that i piled out of my house for the floor which works great and is very warm, but takes up alot of space in the truck or trailer haulling it out and back. I think the canvas floor might be a bit cooler than the carpet but it would sure be nice to just clean it after use and old it up and store it in a tote.

Davis will have some kind of sale soon, if not now. We bought ours on the summer sale one year and saved a ton. Internal frame is the way to go with a rain fly.
I believe you can rent wall tents in Denver somewhere too.

FWIW - Davis talked me out of a rain fly when I bought on sale this winter. They say really only necessary as a UV blocker for folks that leave their tents up for months at a time. See lots of opinions on this forum and others both ways, but decided that if a trusted vendor tells me not to spend more money on something they sell I am probably getting good advice. I went with their wood stove as well (the large one, as I bought internal frame 16x20) - built like a tank. I also got full vinyl floor + zipper cut out for stove safe area.

FWIW - Davis talked me out of a rain fly when I bought on sale this winter. They say really only necessary as a UV blocker for folks that leave their tents up for months at a time. See lots of opinions on this forum and others both ways, but decided that if a trusted vendor tells me not to spend more money on something they sell I am probably getting good advice. I went with their wood stove as well (the large one, as I bought internal frame 16x20) - built like a tank. I also got full vinyl floor + zipper cut out for stove safe area.

Interesting, I've had a Davis 14x16' for a few years. After talking with them I went with a rain fly, not to keep water out, but as added layer of protection for misc. embers coming from the stove pipe. The rationale being the fly is pretty inexpensive and easy to replace as opposed messing around with fixing the canvas. I think it adds some value for heat loss too.

Either way, the folks at Davis are awesome. I look forward to sleeping in that tent every fall.

we use outdoor marine grade carpet for the inside of ours. pretty cheap and you can't tear the stuff up

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back