Wow.....I drew the OIL North Dakota Elk Tag.

Congrats. Should be fun. My friend drew one of those units last year. He put a lot of time into it. He watched some pretty big bulls on locked up private and the park but finally got his chance on I think his 25th day of hunting on got a 390 ish bull. There are some giants there. Not sure of his unit though.
Your buddy Matt? I saw his bull if so and he was a tanker!

Your buddy Matt? I saw his bull if so and he was a tanker!
Yep. That’s him. He put in a lot of time for that bull. I know he did pass on a couple other good bulls along the way knowing that one was out there. Som big bull potential in ND as I’m sure you know. Good luck! Hope ya get a good one.

Yep. That’s him. He put in a lot of time for that bull. I know he did pass on a couple other good bulls along the way knowing that one was out there. Som big bull potential in ND as I’m sure you know. Good luck! Hope ya get a good one.
Love it, he earned that one. Cool story for sure!

Congrats on the great news
I drew a bull tag in PA in 2002 it was just the second year of the modern era hunts . 14 bull tags issued 58000 apps. So yes it does happen. Enjoy it all before you know it will be done

Congrats! This will be one to follow for sure! I spent two years in Watford and applied both years I was a resident there. I sometimes miss the beauty of that country!

Congrats!!!
My wife and I each drew out OIL elk tags in 2020 for E3/E4. We were looking for cows but saw some nice bulls too!! These pics are in E4.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-185935.png
    Screenshot_20201013-185935.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20201014-173559.png
    Screenshot_20201014-173559.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20201015-172634.png
    Screenshot_20201015-172634.png
    2 MB · Views: 47
I don't want to go to bed because I feel like I am dreaming.

I drew a highly coveted North Dakota OIL Any Elk tag....unit E4 which borders Teddy Roosevelt State Park. We have about 8k people apply for around 95 bull tags in units E3/E4 so odds are extremely slim. People put in for the big 3 draw their whole life without drawing so I want to do it justice! I am extremely grateful for this opportunity. I have from 9/3-12/31 to fill my tag so glad I saved all my vacation up to this point. Unit E4 opens up to unit E3 interchangeably after the first weekend. I can hunt with bow or gun as well.

Now the real preparation and work begins! I am going to give this everything I have, we have some beautiful country to hunt elk in and I never would have expected to get this tag let alone as my first elk hunting opportunity.

I have a solid plan laid out already but if anyone has any knowledge or advice please slide into those DMs!

I will update this thread with my hunt as we near showtime.

Cheers!

Also: My brother drew a ND Any-Moose tag in unit M6 as well. What a crazy day this has been for my circle, going to be a very busy fall.
You guys hit the jackpot!

I don't want to go to bed because I feel like I am dreaming.

I drew a highly coveted North Dakota OIL Any Elk tag....unit E4 which borders Teddy Roosevelt State Park. We have about 8k people apply for around 95 bull tags in units E3/E4 so odds are extremely slim. People put in for the big 3 draw their whole life without drawing so I want to do it justice! I am extremely grateful for this opportunity. I have from 9/3-12/31 to fill my tag so glad I saved all my vacation up to this point. Unit E4 opens up to unit E3 interchangeably after the first weekend. I can hunt with bow or gun as well.

Now the real preparation and work begins! I am going to give this everything I have, we have some beautiful country to hunt elk in and I never would have expected to get this tag let alone as my first elk hunting opportunity.

I have a solid plan laid out already but if anyone has any knowledge or advice please slide into those DMs!

I will update this thread with my hunt as we near showtime.

Cheers!

Also: My brother drew a ND Any-Moose tag in unit M6 as well. What a crazy day this has been for my circle, going to be a very busy fall.
Congrats NDGuy!! Post Picks once you get him on the ground!!!

I also drew the E3/E4 tag for any elk. I hunt out there a fair bit and have helped a coulple others find elk but now it's different. I am feeling the pressure! I am planning a couple scouting trips and have quite a bit of vacation saved up. This is gonna be fun!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back