Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Wow.....I drew the OIL North Dakota Elk Tag.

NDGuy

I don't want to go to bed because I feel like I am dreaming.

I drew a highly coveted North Dakota OIL Any Elk tag....unit E4 which borders Teddy Roosevelt State Park. We have about 8k people apply for around 95 bull tags in units E3/E4 so odds are extremely slim. People put in for the big 3 draw their whole life without drawing so I want to do it justice! I am extremely grateful for this opportunity. I have from 9/3-12/31 to fill my tag so glad I saved all my vacation up to this point. Unit E4 opens up to unit E3 interchangeably after the first weekend. I can hunt with bow or gun as well.

Now the real preparation and work begins! I am going to give this everything I have, we have some beautiful country to hunt elk in and I never would have expected to get this tag let alone as my first elk hunting opportunity.

I have a solid plan laid out already but if anyone has any knowledge or advice please slide into those DMs!

I will update this thread with my hunt as we near showtime.

Cheers!

Also: My brother drew a ND Any-Moose tag in unit M6 as well. What a crazy day this has been for my circle, going to be a very busy fall.

Congratulations! Enjoy every second of it. My advice - take lots of pictures....of everything (scouting trips, camp, friends who go along, scenery, everything). I never seem to do enough of this and always regret it afterwards.

Congrats. Should be fun. My friend drew one of those units last year. He put a lot of time into it. He watched some pretty big bulls on locked up private and the park but finally got his chance on I think his 25th day of hunting on got a 390 ish bull. There are some giants there. Not sure of his unit though.

How far north does the district go?
As others have said, don’t make yourself sick with the pressure.
Remember it is supposed to be fun.

Back