Wounded Warriors in Action

Good for you, John!
Of course we'll be on the edge of our seats waiting for pics....

Thanks for your service! ;-)

Last edited:
I got a call this morning and thanks to WWIA I will be going on a 4 day, all expenses paid, turkey hunt and fishing trip in Kansas the end of April. I am excited beyond words and humbled and grateful.

Well then after reading your other post I won't freak you out, but will just say congrats on getting to go on that neat trip and leave it at that!

I got a call this morning and thanks to WWIA I will be going on a 4 day, all expenses paid, turkey hunt and fishing trip in Kansas the end of April. I am excited beyond words and humbled and grateful.

Awesome! Must have pictures!
What turkey subspecies?
What kind of fishing?

Hey congrats John. Hope you have a great time, you earned it and we are grateful for the service. Keep us informed with pics and details, also where at in Kansas i live in Missouri and am only a couple hours from several lakes and hunting spots in Kansas maybe if its close enough we could meet up for dinner before or after the trip. Good luck and have a blast.

I'm waiting to hear back from the lady to find out where we're going. We've been playing phone/voicemail tag. I hope it's Eastern birds, since I already have 2 Rios towards my slam. She said the fishing will be bass, walleye, and crappie.

That's great Cushman. Permethrin clothing treatments combating tics and skeeters is considered to last for six weeks so you are good to go with the spray now. Hope it's a sweet success.

That's great Cushman. Permethrin clothing treatments combating tics and skeeters is considered to last for six weeks so you are good to go with the spray now. Hope it's a sweet success.

I tell you what. That stuff is awesome. Never go in the turkey woods without it

The fishing will be on Waconda Lake (Glen Elder Res). It's locals that guide us on various private lands in the area.

Last edited:
The fishing will be on Waconda Lake (Glen Elder Res). It's locals that guide us on various private lands in the area.

That's the area I used to hunt pheasants around out there Cush. I also saw numerous turkey flocks on those trips. Congrats and have fun!

JohnCushman re your turkey slam: Unless you hunt further east from there you will be taking Rio's or Rio/Eastern hybrids. Glen Elder is famous for crappie spawn fishing. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back