PEAX Equipment

would you spray a new tent???

schmalts

I have one day left before i go, i got a new tent. Would you spray a new tent or trust it will be as good as they say?

Good question schmalts. Mine just arrived today and I will be using extensively in two short weeks (WY deer) so I am curious as well. And if so, what should I use?

What did you get? I got an MSR Zoid 1.

Zoid 1 Pic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mtmiller:

What did you get? I got an MSR Zoid 1.

Zoid 1 Pic
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I opted for the coleman cobra. Its a zoid 1.5 copy for less price. It had great leak proof reviews on all the back packer websites i could find. I did a lot of research and found this actually a better fit for me beacause i am tall and its a longer tent than the zoid. I was told by some hikers today that a good tent wont need waterproofing out of the box for a couple years if its a good brand.
Cobra pic http://www.pjcamping.co.uk/cobra.htm

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-04-2003 18:03: Message edited by: schmalts ]</font>

mtmiller, I bought one of those last fall. I haven't had the opportunity to test it's weatherproofing. I can tell you one thing, though. I would hate to be stuck in that thing during a storm. There's enough room to sleep, and that's it! The light weight is great for packing, though.

Schmalts, I think I'd go ahead and spray it. Looks like it rained like hell today where you're headed.

Oak

No time anymore.... i should have thought of it earlier but didnt. All packed up for tommorrow.

Thanks for the link schmalts.

Looks like you did your homework and got a good tent. As usual, I waited until the last minute and just picked one that I had observed. I think it will work for me, since I am a sawed off shit. Hopefully I won't have to spend that much time in it, and everyone knows that it doesn't rain muuch in MT.

I set it up in the yard tonight and am happy with it. Ask again if I have to spend time other than sleeping though. Seems to be a durable tent and I like the weight.

Hell, it will work great since I will collect the big boys the first day anyway
rolleyes.gif

I looked at the Zoid 1 and really like it, but I went cheaper and a bit lighter.

Anyway, good luck with hunt schmalts and I want to see pictures of dead things. You know I would do it for you, given the chance.
biggrin.gif

I do have a visual of you spending two straight days waiting out the weather and humming Elton John songs.
wink.gif

LMAO, Dont let the sun go down on me.....
Oh, thats still a sore subject here at work. Milwaukee has a hard time closing a gig. First was the all star game that went too long so they called a tie, then elton.
Hey, you will like the ziod. That was my first pick too but the lenght was too short for me. I would have opted for the zoid 1.5 for a little storage room for your pack and dog though. Dont tell me old Axle has to sleep under the starts now?
Got the camera packed! if anything i will take a picture of my bare ass for you guys if i dont get an elk, its the least i could do.
8 more hours!!!!!!!!
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back