Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Would You Ever . . .

silasd

OK, so I started this thread like I did for the kind and of questions you ask when you're at the end of the day, staring into the hot coals of a dying fire. And into the darkness, to no one in particular I ask..." Would you ever pack a taser hunting instead of a pistol?"

Yup, I know. Crazy question. But the kind of question you throw out around the campfire just for the heck of it...

Hmm a taser and a knife for an antlerless whitetail hunt? I probably wouldn't just because of ethics but man it would be fun to see your buddies face when there are no wounds but a slit throat and you say you killed it with a knife! Assuming a taser would actually incapacite it from close range.

OK, so I started this thread like I did for the kind and of questions you ask when you're at the end of the day, staring into the hot coals of a dying fire. And into the darkness, to no one in particular I ask..." Would you ever pack a taser hunting instead of a pistol?"

Yup, I know. Crazy question. But the kind of question you throw out around the campfire just for the heck of it...
Do you burn 💩 to? The answer to the taser... hell to the nah. Now if ask me about Chinese throwing stars we might be onto something

Last edited:
oops, I was told my comment was inappropriate, sorry about that, Au revoir

Last edited:
Taser on animals isn't a good idea. My brother is the police chief in my town. A couple of his deputies were called to the fairgrounds because of a upset ground hog in one of the buildings. Obviously couldn't shoot it so they thought the taser would do...well when they deployed the taser the ground hog started screaming and when they let off the trigger it was not happy and came after them. Squeeze the trigger again...same thing. By this time a crowd of people were watching the show. So while one officer was shocking him with the taser the other used his baton and proceeded to club it. Blood and screaming from the poor whistle pig finally stopped as on lookers stared in disbelief of what just took place.
Good work boys!
So I don't believe I would trust a taser on any wild animal. Especially a bear unless you wanted to end up as a log of bear scat!

Taser on animals isn't a good idea. My brother is the police chief in my town. A couple of his deputies were called to the fairgrounds because of a upset ground hog in one of the buildings. Obviously couldn't shoot it so they thought the taser would do...well when they deployed the taser the ground hog started screaming and when they let off the trigger it was not happy and came after them. Squeeze the trigger again...same thing. By this time a crowd of people were watching the show. So while one officer was shocking him with the taser the other used his baton and proceeded to club it. Blood and screaming from the poor whistle pig finally stopped as on lookers stared in disbelief of what just took place.
Good work boys!
So I don't believe I would trust a taser on any wild animal. Especially a bear unless you wanted to end up as a log of bear scat!
The Axon X2 tasers work very well on bears and will kill a deer outright about 50% of the time. Been there done that...

There’s some good bear taser videos on YouTube, a few states have tried them with good luck. I’ve only seen them used on meth heads with some hilariously effective results...
Jeez that's nuts, I still don't think I'd be packing a taser into Tom Minor though.

Back