Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Would You Ever . . .

Taser on animals isn't a good idea. My brother is the police chief in my town. A couple of his deputies were called to the fairgrounds because of a upset ground hog in one of the buildings. Obviously couldn't shoot it so they thought the taser would do...well when they deployed the taser the ground hog started screaming and when they let off the trigger it was not happy and came after them. Squeeze the trigger again...same thing. By this time a crowd of people were watching the show. So while one officer was shocking him with the taser the other used his baton and proceeded to club it. Blood and screaming from the poor whistle pig finally stopped as on lookers stared in disbelief of what just took place.
Good work boys!
So I don't believe I would trust a taser on any wild animal. Especially a bear unless you wanted to end up as a log of bear scat!
Imma be honest with you. I never knew ground hogs screamed...

They advise hunters to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hunting. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hunter accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.
Hunters should also carry a pepper spray can, just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.
It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat.
Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper.

I think I would forget the taser and just spend a little time on this guys videos. Lots of defense strategies to be learned here.

Hmm a taser and a knife for an antlerless whitetail hunt? I probably wouldn't just because of ethics but man it would be fun to see your buddies face when there are no wounds but a slit throat and you say you killed it with a knife! Assuming a taser would actually incapacite it from close range.
Shoot, may as well just wait in a stand, jump on its back, and spur it to death. All you need to do is replace the rowels with scalpel blades. Easy enough, right?

A guy I work with used to (don't know if he still does) carry one into his whitetail stand with him to shoot squirrels. I always thought that could be a fun way to pass some time and there has been more than once that a squirrel has been chattering at me ten feet away that I have wished for a way to shut him up! They can be pretty deadly if you get the broadheads razor sharp.

If an attacking bear was at close range then I guess if I had a taser in my hand and my rifle was too far away I’d shoot it with the taser. That bear would be PISSED if the prong fell out or you let off the taser or something. You’d teally be in a world of hurt if it didn’t penetrate the fur deep unough to stay in. I’ll stick with a sidearm and bearspray but then again nunchucks and Chinese throwing stars would be entertaining. Maybe just insult the bear relentlessly as he charges and see if he gets his feelings hurt and leaves.

They advise hunters to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hunting. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hunter accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.
Hunters should also carry a pepper spray can, just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.
It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat.
Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper.
That was good. You totally got me!

I'll be honest, when I heard about the stungun on a walking stick one of the rioters at the capitol had it crossed my mind, electric fencing works well so why not? But a taser with hooks would be crazy. How about a spear? Check out the videos of killing bears with spears, now there's an ethics discussion.

A guy I work with used to (don't know if he still does) carry one into his whitetail stand with him to shoot squirrels. I always thought that could be a fun way to pass some time and there has been more than once that a squirrel has been chattering at me ten feet away that I have wished for a way to shut him up! They can be pretty deadly if you get the broadheads razor sharp.
There was a hunting show, Relentless Pursuit, where the host hunter squirrels with a blow gun.

I'll be honest, when I heard about the stungun on a walking stick one of the rioters at the capitol had it crossed my mind, electric fencing works well so why not? But a taser with hooks would be crazy. How about a spear? Check out the videos of killing bears with spears, now there's an ethics discussion.
I read this book on barefoot running that had an anecdote about African tribes hunting gazelles by relay running. Because the animal isn't breathing when it runs, and the relay runners basically don't stop the chase they just wear it down and spear it. I suppose you could do that with antelope or oryx, but I bet the meat would be awful from all the stress.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back