PEAX Equipment

Worth a listen..this one hit home.

I can’t believe people think professionally produced and promoted video/song is “authentic”. I know Marge Green and Lauren Bloebert love it tho.
I think that crowd is who it’s largely being marketed to

Aren’t they both single now? Maybe he can find a hookup?

Last edited:
Like it or not, this is folk music. The cries of injustice from the downtrodden. From "Day O", to "John Henry", to "16 Tons" to "Take this Job and Shove it" to "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" there is a common message from hourly workers barely making it comparing their plight to the bosses making millions.

Classic Workers of the World stuff.

RFK Jr. and RDS are sensing the heartbeat of the country.

Like it or not, this is folk music. The cries of injustice from the downtrodden. From "Day O", to "John Henry", to "16 Tons" to "Take this Job and Shove it" to "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" there is a common message from hourly workers barely making it comparing their plight to the bosses making millions.

Classic Workers of the World stuff.

RFK Jr. and RDS are sensing the heartbeat of the country.
Seems to be like they’d be the exact people that song should be about.

He played a show about 45 minutes from my house this weekend at a small side of the road tourist trap farmers market …. Evidently about 3000 people showed up including Jamey Johnson who got up and sang a few with him. He should be able to parlay this whole deal to where he ain’t got to work no more overtime if he plays his cards right!

He played a show about 45 minutes from my house this weekend at a small side of the road tourist trap farmers market …. Evidently about 3000 people showed up including Jamey Johnson who got up and sang a few with him. He should be able to parlay this whole deal to where he ain’t got to work no more overtime if he plays his cards right!

You check your link lately?

Admittedly it’s funny to watch the gram lately and people wearing 1-2k in Sitka/KUIU with 10k decoy trailers, 1k bows, and 2-4K rifles and optics using this song. As someone who can relate to both ends of the spectrum it definitely makes me chuckle a little.

The world response to this song is pretty fascinating. Lots of people commenting from oversees how much they can relate to it. We’re not all that different, we just need to choose better who represents us.

Last edited:
I can see where someone who grew up outside of Appalachia would think that. There seems to be (or at least there was prior to Covid) a sense of personal responsibility in the West (CA excluded) that doesn’t exist where I live. The Government has built a system where the less you do the more you can get and the more fatherless kids you add to the mix then that’s even better. It is a cycle that has no visible end. Food stamps buying fudge rounds and mt dew which creates more diabetes and hypertension and higher Medicaid premiums and more money for the richest of the rich.
Oliver isn’t from Appalachia. He’s a flat lander from just west of Richmond.

Admittedly it’s funny to watch the gram lately and people wearing 1-2k in Sitka/KUIU with 10k decoy trailers, 1k bows, and 2-4K rifles and optics using this song. As someone who can relate to both ends of the spectrum it definitely makes me chuckle a little.
This part is interesting to me as well.

While it's obvious that people definitely feel disenfranchised, part of me just thinks people like to feel sorry for themselves. I work in the trades, and the amount of opportunity for people right now in this line of work is mind boggling. We live in times that most of this world's past and current population can only dream of.

My dad worked hard, (and still is), and didn't have the opportunity to hunt out of state, own nice optics, etc in his 30s like I can. I think maybe some perspective is in order.

But we are constantly told that everything is bad on news apps and social media, and most people don't seem to apply any critical thought to whether or not that's accurate. There are certainly problems to be worked with, but most of us live pretty fortunate lives.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back