Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Punk Rock Hunt Talkers

I remember snowboarding down the face of KT-22 at Squaw Valley when I was a young teen, listening to a live small venue concert of pennywise playing at the bottom of the mountain. Rode right up to edge of the mosh pit, kicked off my board and joined in. Some things in life you never forget.

Don't know who that is, but would wager the life expectancy for this genre is rather short.
From wiki: actual birth name, Jesus Christ Allin; August 29, 1956 – June 28, 1993) was an American musician who performed and recorded with many groups during his career. His live performances often featured transgressive acts, including self-mutilation, defecating on stage, and assaulting audience members, for which he was arrested and imprisoned on multiple occasions.

He was at best a bi-polar heroin addict raised by an insane and abusive father. GG planned to kill himself on stage during one of his ‘concerts’ but was done in by a massive heroin overdose instead.

Don't know who that is, but would wager the life expectancy for this genre is rather short.

Sir,

Glenn Danzig (Misfits, Samhain, Danzig) qualifies for Medicaid.

Henry Rollins is 63

Jello Biafra is 65

and

John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten, turns 69 this year.

They may not be the picture of longevity and health that Keith Richards is, but the "Oi not Soy" lifestyle is no harbinger of early death anymore than southern rock, et al.

Good day.

Last edited:
I think Rancid made punk radio friendly and killed a whole genre. Green Day and the Offspring are a joke.
Been waiting for the first “more punk than you” comment. Ha!

The Lookout and Epitaph bands were my gateway drug. Quickly moved onto the harder stuff, then annoyed all my friends by going on about how much the Lookout and Epitaph bands sucked.

I think Rancid made punk radio friendly and killed a whole genre. Green Day and the Offspring are a joke.
We all find our own place within a genre. The Offspring made me ignore my overbearing parents’ wishes that I didn’t listen to them, but I settled in a little more hardcore than that overall. IMO the real unfriendly punk wasn’t on the radio much anyway, you had to seek that stuff out.

From wiki: actual birth name, Jesus Christ Allin; August 29, 1956 – June 28, 1993) was an American musician who performed and recorded with many groups during his career. His live performances often featured transgressive acts, including self-mutilation, defecating on stage, and assaulting audience members, for which he was arrested and imprisoned on multiple occasions.

He was at best a bi-polar heroin addict raised by an insane and abusive father. GG planned to kill himself on stage during one of his ‘concerts’ but was done in by a massive heroin overdose instead.

GG lived 10 years long than:

Jimi Hendricks
Jim Morrison
Janis Joplin
Amy Winehouse
Kurt Cobain
Pigpen
Joseph Merrick (The Elephant Man)

et al.

So, punk saves lives?

GG lived 10 years long than:

Jimi Hendricks
Jim Morrison
Janis Joplin
Amy Winehouse
Kurt Cobain
Pigpen
Joseph Merrick (The Elephant Man)

et al.

So, punk saves lives?

Or maybe a bad penny always turns up?

Or maybe in GG’s own words: "…you don't get what you expect—you get what you deserve."

Sir,

Glenn Danzig (Misfits, Samhain, Danzig) qualifies for Medicaid.

Henry Rollins is 63

Jello Biafra is 65

and

John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten, turns 69 this year.

They may not be the picture of longevity and health that Keith Richards is, but the "Oi not Soy" lifestyle is no harbinger of early death anymore than southern rock, et al.

Good day.
You got that right. Southern rockers are flirting with disaster every day!

Love punk, that and metal are heaviest in my rotation.

Hate NOFX though, terrible people and terrible music. Will never forget an entire crowd throwing bottles at them at a Warped Tour I went to, they were pissed they didnt get voted the feature act so they wasted their whole set playing their 10+ minute song. Got bombarded with empty/half empty water bottles. They have not been back to Calgary since haha
Probably cause Canada sucks

Probably cause Canada sucks
some things yes, other things way better than the States.

At least if I break a leg they don't have to put me down like an old dog cause I can't afford the medical bills even with insurance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back