Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Worst Places in WY

How can anyone live in Medicine Bow? Horrible wind all of the time and local cop will pull you over for going 3-5 miles over the speed limit while you are parking your vehicle at the only motel/restaurant. I'm pretty sure if you had drank one beer in the last 24 hours he would ask you to do a sobriety test.

You guys have obviously never had the giant sugar cookies at the corner gas station in Shoshoni! To die for. And speaking of gas stations, they're building a new one right next door! Can't wait!

Edit: And don't even get me started on the people seeing in Shoshoni. I'll never forget the Lingle cop that pulled into the gas station...knee high hooker boots and pink handcuffs.
Shades of Reno 911

here's a starting point

out of all these awful locales, there are certainly a handful where i would choose rawlins instead.

View attachment 263635
You definitely nailed a few sh*Tholes on your map. I feel like I’ve always slept through that big chunk on the East. I just assumed everything east of I25 was still Kansas

Just curious, but what are everyone's top criteria for a place being bad? for me I'd say crime rate, population density, unemployment rate, taxes, cost of living. Unfortunately, drugs are so prevalent anymore they are everywhere.
Slightly tangential but hands down the worst place I stayed in was on my way to hunt in Arizona. I stopped in Oklahoma just outside Oklahoma City. The lobby was closed and had to check in through a barred window, there were maybe 2 or three other cars there. Sink in the room was held up with duct tape, the smoke detector was gone and a walmart bag stuffed in the hole and there was so much black mold in the shower you'd need a putty knife to get it off. I slept with one eye open while spooning my 300wm.
Honorable mention goes to the Travelodge in Carlisle, Pa. We slept on top of the bed, fully clothed and pistol handy. It was so dirty my wife declined to use the shower.

Just curious, but what are everyone's top criteria for a place being bad? for me I'd say crime rate, population density, unemployment rate, taxes, cost of living. Unfortunately, drugs are so prevalent anymore they are everywhere.
Slightly tangential but hands down the worst place I stayed in was on my way to hunt in Arizona. I stopped in Oklahoma just outside Oklahoma City. The lobby was closed and had to check in through a barred window, there were maybe 2 or three other cars there. Sink in the room was held up with duct tape, the smoke detector was gone and a walmart bag stuffed in the hole and there was so much black mold in the shower you'd need a putty knife to get it off. I slept with one eye open while spooning my 300wm.
Honorable mention goes to the Travelodge in Carlisle, Pa. We slept on top of the bed, fully clothed and pistol handy. It was so dirty my wife declined to use the shower.
Not Wyoming but I stayed in the Warbonnet Inn in Browning, Montana once. mtmuley

Spent a sleepless night in La-junta Colorado last November
I don’t know what was worse the stink from the town sewage plant or all the meth heads standing outside the hotel all night
the stockyard seemed like the best place in town

Well, the "Cowboy State Daily" just released an article stating that the Riverton Wal Mart has one of the highest theft rates in the nation, so there's that.
I seem to recall a policewoman getting busted stealing from there a few years back 😂

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back