PEAX Equipment

Worried,just wanna hunt!!

What I find more disturbing is that this person got the idea they wouldn’t be welcome or safe on a hunting trip. Certainly wasn’t from here. Sad state of affairs that people walk around afraid of being different all the time.

Welcome around my fire anytime.
not from this site at all,now being a non-resident is a whole different ballgame!

Partisanship is way out of hand, I'm not gonna lie, the thought has crossed my mind a couple of times, am I going to get punched in the face for walking into a gas station this fall for wearing a mask.

Where I live it's not a political statement, literally everyone does it not a big deal. That said, I know some folks see it as a symbol and are all tuned up about it. In reality it has nothing to with my vote in the fall or my feeling on any political issue, it's purely about the fact that I don't want to be the asymptomatic carrier that kills your grandma.

I don't live in your town, I'm just trying to show some respect for your health.

Here in WY where I am you won't have an issue, some will just consider you a tourist, others won't notice mask or no mask.

And I've never heard of getting yelled at for the mast, just for not wearing it (which also isn't an issue in WY!)

I’m heading out west soon and I’m starting to worry.Being a American Mexican I’ve grown use to the looks and stares when I’m out there and walk into a restaurant or I’m pumping gas.But to me,it seems like things have gone to a whole different level.Hopefully I’m just being a little to cautious and I will be able to enjoy the sun rises and sunsets with a clear mind.And just maybe put some meat in the freezer.
I think you would have more of those kind of looks where you're coming from in MO. Out west here I don't think anyone will give you a look of any kind, I've never had a problem.

Ey compadre, much gusto, me nombre es Ben.
I hope the OP speaks Spanish. My kids are also Mexican-American but they don't speak Spanish at all.
Ben me da mucho gusto conocerte paisano. Me alegro que no estoy aqui solo.
🇲🇽🇺🇸

Partisanship is way out of hand, I'm not gonna lie, the thought has crossed my mind a couple of times, am I going to get punched in the face for walking into a gas station this fall for wearing a mask.

Where I live it's not a political statement, literally everyone does it not a big deal. That said, I know some folks see it as a symbol and are all tuned up about it. In reality it has nothing to with my vote in the fall or my feeling on any political issue, it's purely about the fact that I don't want to be the asymptomatic carrier that kills your grandma.

I don't live in your town, I'm just trying to show some respect for your health.
Please wear a body cam. That interaction would be entertaining to watch. 😂

Not just being left alone to hunt and have a good time!
I’m nearly 100% confident you will! I think that red, black, white, brown, whatever there’s a certain % that are just D bags, But there are a lot more that are great. If there’s any drama I’ve got your back, but I need 20-30 hours notice so I can get there.

I can almost guarantee that I get more crap this year for my Washington plates in Wyoming.

Who am I kidding though, I give myself crap for these plates.

I’m heading out west soon and I’m starting to worry.Being a American Mexican I’ve grown use to the looks and stares when I’m out there and walk into a restaurant or I’m pumping gas.But to me,it seems like things have gone to a whole different level.Hopefully I’m just being a little to cautious and I will be able to enjoy the sun rises and sunsets with a clear mind.And just maybe put some meat in the freezer.

Please forgive my presumption but I call nonsense, baloney and bullshit to your post. The premise is outlandish and absurd given the reality among hunters throughout the west. Why would you post such crap on this forum? Are you like twelve, or a paid political operative? None of my hispanic friends, those that I have worked for, with, or have employed would ever go onto a public hunting forum and post such pansy ass crap because they actually have balls between their legs. Is Hunt Talk a hunting forum or a political propaganda outlet? My vote is to go hunting or go away.

Please forgive my presumption but I call nonsense, baloney and bullshit to your post. The premise is outlandish and absurd given the reality among hunters throughout the west. Why would you post such crap on this forum? Are you like twelve, or a paid political operative? None of my hispanic friends, those that I have worked for, with, or have employed would ever go onto a public hunting forum and post such pansy ass crap because they actually have balls between their legs. Is Hunt Talk a hunting forum or a political propaganda outlet? My vote is to go hunting or go away.
That’s your opinion,trust me I have balls between my legs.I understand it’s something you’ve probably never had to worry about,nice bubble you live in.This in no way was a political post moron.

Ouch ! I was not going to respond to this thread. I am very happy for you that you have zero problems in Colorado and I mean that. But I can relate to the OP's question, except it is the reverse for me. It is when I go south and east that unnecessary snide comments are made. I am not whining but letting you know that it does happen. Just last week when I ask directions, I was told to watch the sun or whatever else Indians do when they are lost. I wont give any examples regarding negative or inappropriate 'gender" comments as this thread is about someone with a different color of skin. IMHO his question was a hunting related question.

Having said that, I have to say to DI1969, it is better to just not respond, in kind, to anything you might hear when hunting or even on the forum. Did you notice how many supportive replies you received compared to the one negative one. Sticks and Stones

I'm not forgiving your presumptive bullshit. My vote is go away, as in you go away.

Pack your shit and go elsewhere.

Bye.

Glad that got taken care of...

@Dl1969 I doubt you’ll have any trouble. Lots of brown skinned people in the west so you are unlikely to draw much attention most places. As mentioned previously, you might consider decoy local license plates though 😁

Get out and have fun!

I can't think of meeting anyone hunting in the last 50 years. You just leave the truck and disappear in the woods. Even in the summer I can't remember even talking to very few over years of camping for my work. I don't think you should have to worry.

Hate is a terrible thing. @Panda Bear @Dl1969 I’ll hunt with you guys any day of the week. Don’t let peoples comments get you down. Y’all have as much right as anyone to be out there.

Back