World Record Moose

No matter in whose book or if they played with where they stood, that is still one dandy moose. Look at all of the points that thing has...Great pics... :D

I agree, that thing is massive, I don't care what angle or where the guy is standing.

I like to call the camera angle "Chuck Adams look", he perfected it many many years ago! LOL Make'm all look big. It is not a bad idea to keep the animal in front and the hunter back a bit. These pics don't look to bad. The one palm appears to have nearly 20 points and the other 15 or so. The palm width around 15" and the length 40ish. The bases in the 7-9 inch range and spread 65+, which all adds up to big time Booner, 215-230 anyways. Hard to score just from pics but I think he is all of that. happy hunting, Casey
PS World record is in the 250 range

That moose was shot in Russia (Kamchatka) last December. The rack was sitting in the back room of the little store I work in during the winter. The spread was 68", and if I remember right the palms were 18' or so. Casey is pretty close. I do remember weighing the rack and top of the shull - 85 pounds! I've never heard what the score was, but I'm not sure if there's a record book classification for Russian moose. I would guess there ia in SCI, but don't know. One thing for sure is that's a huge moose.

Ken

Was waiting for you to chime in. I knew you could fill these guys in. I talked with the guys at Barney's about the moose when the pics were going around last year. Definitely won't be seeing it in B&C...N.A. big game only.

Speaking of Barney's. My pack isn't holding up quite as well as I expected. One of the plastic shoulder strap retainers broke where the pin is located at AND after only the second time using the pack, my bag has two holes in it from just walking through alders. Not what I expected when I spent nearly $500 on the frame and bag together. Anything you might be able to do for me?

Thanks...Jim

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-19-2002 23:34: Message edited by: Ovis ]</font>

PS...

I just wanted to comment on some of the replies regarding "trick" photos. Those of you who say you have no clue as to whether or not an animal is of "trophy" standard when the hunter is behind the subject I doubt have any clue as to what a big critter is. The guide, if not touching, is pretty darn close to the moose in all of these pics...that is a superb swamp donkey, I don't care if he is standing in front of him, behind him, or on him. Good moose!!! As to sticking the weapon used inside of a rack...how "redneck" is that? I'll make it a point the next time I take an animal for me to sit in front of my kill...who knows, maybe I'll sit way in front of it so you can see what a trophy I am!! I say good pics, I like em, I like em a lot!

Here's one...

jimtoybearcopy.jpg

My best bowkill brown bear to date. In fact, it's the new P&Y world record...eat your heart out Jackie!!!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-19-2002 23:35: Message edited by: Ovis ]</font>

My point was not that it was a small moose because it isn't! but rather that (I'll take it photo by photo)
1st photo: Hunter is sitting arms length away from the rack(Look at upper torso and left arm)
2nd Photo:Nothing to serve as size referance. Again NICE Moose nonetheless
3rd Photo:Look at placement of hand and then the 2nd photo, The hunter is an arms length further than the farthest tip of the rack.
4th Photo:No clue how far back he is on this one
5th Photo: Again arms length away form rack.

I have talked to a number of outfitters who show these style photos and then ask me if the (name your trophy) looks like something I'd like and when I ask them to show me photos that show the actual size they get whishy-washy and him and haw. Why? because there "Trophies" are not as big as the picture makes them out to be.

The following is a Nice older Waterbuck that while the hunter is behind the horns, the rifle gives a "point of referance" as to the size.
This to me is a GOOD trophy photo as size can be estimated realisticly.

ms1.jpg

Here is another that shows what I consider size relative photography.

GregJeffAntelopeMontana1990.jpg

Again this is just my 2 cents worth and everyone is entitled to an opionion.

No matter what the trick pics on the moose. It would still be a dandy to hang ont he wall. If I could make a place for it to fit. I like the fact it has all the points and is a very nice looking specimen... :D

Jim,
The problems with your pack should be covered under warranty. The next time you come to the big city bring it with you or have someone else bring it down for you.
BTW, I tried to email you, but the address I have doesn't work any more?? Email me when you get a chance.
Ken

SPEAKING of taking trick pictures.... Below is a Critter that I shot....

NOTICE the difference :D !!!!

marmot_big.jpg

marmot_oscar.jpg

I don't know if that thing will make a good rug, it looks like it has mange or some thing... :D :D :D

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back