MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wolves or coyotes?

I've got a number of pics of these guys on my bear baits in central wisc. They look like wolves to me but I just can't really tell. At the same time, I can't say I've ever seen this many coyotes hanging out together which makes me believe they're wolves also. Thoughts?

The top pic with the glow eyes looks wolfish to me, but it's also the least clear of the pics...others are yotes

I really like the one with his head in the hollow stump...he's committed.

Big enough to shoot. Looks healthy. What typically goes into a bear bait bin?

Big enough to shoot. Looks healthy. What typically goes into a bear bait bin?
I've been using popcorn, two different kinds of trail mix, cookies/ wafers, breads, pastries. will be switching to cookie dough soon and also just got my hands on 500lbs of craisins. Between them two items, I hope I can draw one of the big ones back in. They worked good for my old man last year but I'm gonna wait till right before season starts on the 4th to start putting it out, kinda like surprise come n get it attitude. Lol. Hope it works

yotes . they run in packs of 7/8 or so around here quite often.

as for the bear …. biggern yogi an booboo.

Hi Neighbor...I think those be coyotes, good sign that you don't have wolves(aka... greater coyotes) in the area maybe. That bear is a keeper, good luck with him.

dirtclod….Ex-wife for bait:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Do current wives work as well?

Hi Neighbor...I think those be coyotes, good sign that you don't have wolves(aka... greater coyotes) in the area maybe. That bear is a keeper, good luck with him.

dirtclod….Ex-wife for bait:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Do current wives work as well?
You betcha! Gotta be really sneaky though current wives disappearances are more noticable. :cool:

For my first post.
I found this site while researching info for an upcoming moose hunt. Lots of good info, seems like a great crowd. Anyway, this post prompted to register and comment. Those are most certainly not yotes. I have property in central Wisconsin as well. Lots of howling, pics and eyes on wolves over the last several years. Pics can be deceiving however, once you've laid eyes on a few it's not too tough to tell which is which.

Nice bear. Good luck on him.

Dave

Back