Winter vacation help

MNElkNut

The wife wants to go someplace warm on a fairly quick (4 days?) winter vacation. Does anyone have any suggestions? We would leave from Fargo (preferred) or Minneapolis. Looking at early February. Probably a beach, but not for sure. I would kinda prefer to stay in the US, but not for sure.

Alright folks, help me earn the necessary husband points to go elk hunting next year! This is about the only time I feel okay asking for someone's honey hole!

I snorkeled for 4 days in Key Largo in February years ago and it was in the high 70's/80's the whole time. The one thing is that key largo and most of the keys don't have the nice white sand beaches but rather just rocks.

I'm pretty sure finding a reasonable flight to Miami and driving 2 hours would open up a ton of options. If you are only going for 4 days the priority would be non-stop flights to where ever I'm going.

We find Gulf Shores Alabama Warm and friendly with everything we want to do there without breaking the bank.

Thanks guys, I knew there would be some good ideas. Gulf Shores Alabama? Never heard of it. Sounds like a secret honey hole! (scrambling for google....)

I have a buddy from MN that is down in Gulf Shores AL right now. They love it.

I've been to Anna Maria Island FL a few times and really like the area.

How bout Devils Lake for a little ice fishing..................bonding in the fish house is fun. At least it was for my bride and I in the early 70's in W MN!:D

We find Gulf Shores Alabama Warm and friendly with everything we want to do there without breaking the bank.

My family and I have been there the last three years in a row great place. Lots of beachfront condos and sugar white sand and a lot of good eats and in the winter the rates are super low but sometimes in the winter in dec and January it can get cool as in the 30's for low but that is not the norm. Very beautiful area and lots of fishing to be had.

Yep, Florida Gulf shores. Alligant flies out of Fargo starting Feb. 17th (wed) and comes back Sunday. Nice short vacation if that's what you are looking for. cost about $270.00 per person. Watch as they give out deals daily.

good luck to all
the dog

Playa Del Carmen, all inclusive and adults only at the Royal.

Playa Del Carmen, all inclusive and adults only at the Royal.

+1 on this. It is really pretty easy to get in and out of there. My wife and I have a place we go in Riviera Maya (just north of Playa), and we do 4 day trips down there. One trick I have found is pay the extra $40 bucks on a private transfer from the airport. We have had some pretty long group van rides stopping at a bunch of other resorts dropping people off, until we figured this out, now it is 30 minutes.

Plus, you fly in/out of Cancun, so there is a ton of flights and deals.

Found and bought $200 round trip to Cancun. Going in couple weeks. Staying in a quiet little place 50 minutes ride south of Cancun. Akumal. Away from the crowds, great beaches. The further you get past January the higher the costs from what I saw.

We stayed at the Nature Coast Inn B&B near the Gulf Coast outside of Yankeetown, FL this last November. Fished on an air boat out of the Riverside, swam with manatees, etc. Had a good time for a week. The B&B food was phenomenal.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back