Wine whine

How about Gallo white port. Do they even make that stuff anymore Liquor store in town sold that stuff by the case. Never tried it myself. I do still find an occasional lonely white port bottle on the prairie. Liquor store shut down almost 40 years ago.

From an earlier post, "I personally like Cabernet Sauvignon and Old Vine Zinfandels." Well, I agree. If you are still learning, do check out the local Total Wine store. Huge selection and they cover the various price ranges (so you can start cheap). You can find Old Vine Zins in the $8-12 range that will surprise you. Seriously, start cheap and work your way up based upon taste.

I know very little about wine, but my cousin owns this place. I've tried a few bottles, seems ok.

I probably know less than you, but I like that place. I’ve stopped in a few times. If I’d known it was a relative I would have asked for the “Buzz Special Reserve” bottle.

Usually I’m happy with the Costco Malbec.

Franzia or Barefoot Merlot or Cab. I cannot tell the difference between the expensive wines and the ones I drink.
Pretty sure you "Can". More likely you simply give it zero thought and thus say they taste the same because you could care less, which is AOK of course.
Side by side and a thoughtful tasting I bet you would, or at least could tell quite a bit of difference, especially if your go to wines are those cheap wines.

Margo and Todd...
Grandma asked if she could watch that with the 9 and 12 year old grandkids the other day. I said, "um, that's not really a kid's movie." And then she confessed she had never seen it, just heard references to it. 😬

Grandma asked if she could watch that with the 9 and 12 year old grandkids the other day. I said, "um, that's not really a kid's movie." And then she confessed she had never seen it, just heard references to it. 😬
c'mon now. Not like it's Bad Santa

Die Hard is still an all time great Xmas movie. I'll have to buy the shirt to prove it.

We’re members of a winery, Noisy Water, here in NM. I’ve attached a link to my favorite wine. It’s not the best, but as @TOGIE put it, the label! This wine has a mean sumbitch billy goat label. Sold.

Today's whine and cheese haul! Went all in on Washington wines other than the albarino from Spain. Luke is supposed to be some good shit, going to find out how good.
20221208_120040.jpg

Today's whine and cheese haul! Went all in on Washington wines other than the albarino from Spain. Luke is supposed to be some good shit, going to find out how good.
View attachment 254352
Those labels are all lame which means I'd never purchase. Not a wine person but I enjoy red with steak. Really I just like steak and would wash it down with almost anything.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back