PEAX Equipment

Will Trail Cameras become Illegal?

Cameras surrounding a water source or wheels in the wilderness...no difference, as our wildlife needs a break from our human activity. Another example of human technology putting added stress on our wildlife.

Also might slow the AZ Mossback types from turning our mature critters into a lucrative 365 days a year industry.

While I don’t think it’s necessary in 3/4 of the state, I would support banning them statewide on AZ GF artificial water sources.
This is brought up on the podcast and they ignorantly poopoo it claiming that it would result in more cameras surrounding the water but not on the water.
Put a 1/4 mile setback on them. I’m pretty sure nobody will be ringing catchments with cameras that have a 45’ range in a circle 1/4 mile from water.

Oh it’s interesting how things evolve. This idea of mine above, which the commissioners objected to initially is now their proposal.

Even tho I have one that I used here at the ranch for a couple years to document wildlife activity for myself & proof to NMG&F that it happens here,I always thought it was cheating if it was used for personal hunting purposes.
Grandpa always said,"They don't call it shopping".

I am a regular on the single digit salute feature that many in the Gila have captured.

Just a matter of time until we are buying live satellite video from a provider. 5 years?

NM banned the cams that transmit via satellite, cellular of Wi-Fi last year. Page 21 of proclamation. Most people/hunters are not aware of it. Saw several of these in use on my wife's elk hunt this fall. One can sit at camp, get a pic of bull, then roll out to shoot him. I understand why they want to ban he use of transmittable cams.
I live and hunt in CO, and have used non-transmitting cameras, off season to get a sense of what is moving in and around the area we hunt. It gave me more of an excuse to drive up there and scout in person, and swap SD cards. I agree 100% that transmittable cameras, during the hunt season should not be allowed or used. This clearly violates the fair chase ethos, even if it is not yet illegal. Besides, it is so cool to see what your, off season cameras pick up. Check out these pics taken in May 2019 in Colorado.

Attachments

• 00000776.JPG
    00000776.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 00000097.JPG
    00000097.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
I agree 100% that transmittable cameras, during the hunt season should not be allowed or used. This clearly violates the fair chase ethos, even if it is not yet illegal.

Transmittable cameras are currently illegal in Arizona....

I just read on Facebook that Arizona has banned the use of Game Cameras. The article said that they had two options; #! to ban all use of game cameras, and #2 to establish a season on the use of them. They opted for banning them. The article mentioned Nevada had also banned the use of them.
If this is true, I understand in part the controversy, but also think it's an overreach too. I don't even use a game camera during hunting seasons, but I do enjoy putting them out in the Summer and Winter months for pure enjoyment of seeing the game. I don't see any harm in it the way I deploy them, and it's just harmless recreation.
I also see an issue if you're monitoring trespass or using them for security, and then get accused of illegal use.
probably a lot of outcry about putting them near water tanks. shooting game there is really not hunting

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back