Mule Deer
DSC00569_zpsdvhyfs8g.jpg

Elk
DSC00507_zpsfnbdrxku.jpg

Mountain Goat
DSC00843_zps8c4vojxo.jpg

Billy Goat (at about 12000 feet).
DSC00825_zpssyr5kjgq.jpg

Looks like you had a great trip. We need details of your travels. What part of the states did you see the animals in?

Nice pics! Your unknown animal is a Prairie Dog. Somewhat of a misnomer, since it's a rodent.

Not to be confused with the somewhat rarer jackalope. :)

Looks like you had a great trip. We need details of your travels. What part of the states did you see the animals in?

Yes, I had an amazing trip. I travelled from Wellington NZ, Salt Lake City UT to Jackson Hole WY. The photos were taken in and around the Grand Teton National Park and also in the High Uintas in northern Utah.

Kiwi you surely had a great adventure. Well done and thanks for the other photos as well. I believe your "fox" is really a coyote. At the time of the pilgrims, coyotes were a western half of the US dwelling creature. They are now found in every niche and biome across the eastern half of the US, with one pair documented raising pups under a parking structure next to a Major League Baseball stadium in Chicago.

Now that you know about the prairie dog, I might suggest you read about those little rodents. Some of their colonies "back in the day" were said to cover multiple square miles, significantly altering the environment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back