Wild Game Roast

WyoDoug

No pictures yet till I cook it but a roast recipe for a slow cooker (not same as crock pot).

I have slow cooker set for 12 hours.

Start with one can of beer and put in crock post with roast. Today I have two antelope sirloin tips.

Add water until it reaches the top.

Add spices to taste (I use peppercorns, minced garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, and a pinch of ground ginger). With roasts I never really measure it out. The bigger the roasts, the more spices I use. With the exception of ginger, I use between 1/2 tps to 1 tsp of each. Peppercorns, I have a round container that I put them in and put the whole container in the slow cooker. Saves biting into peppercorns when yer eatin.

Set for 12 hours on the slow cooker and then wait.

I make brown gravy from the McCormicks dried mixes and add gravy over the roast and mashed tater and for the veggie, I like either corn or broccoli.

A fast, quick recipe you can put together when you got to go and can't stay around to mess with it. This comes out super tender and falls apart as you cut it.

Now beer can be skipped or replaced with other items. I have used rum, whiskey, wine (red and white), vodka, bourbon. Key is watch the overkill. Too much of a good thing ruins it overall.

No pictures yet till I cook it but a roast recipe for a slow cooker (not same as crock pot).

I have slow cooker set for 12 hours.

Start with one can of beer and put in crock post with roast. Today I have two antelope sirloin tips.

Add water until it reaches the top.

Add spices to taste (I use peppercorns, minced garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, and a pinch of ground ginger). With roasts I never really measure it out. The bigger the roasts, the more spices I use. With the exception of ginger, I use between 1/2 tps to 1 tsp of each. Peppercorns, I have a round container that I put them in and put the whole container in the slow cooker. Saves biting into peppercorns when yer eatin.

Set for 12 hours on the slow cooker and then wait.

I make brown gravy from the McCormicks dried mixes and add gravy over the roast and mashed tater and for the veggie, I like either corn or broccoli.

A fast, quick recipe you can put together when you got to go and can't stay around to mess with it. This comes out super tender and falls apart as you cut it.

Now beer can be skipped or replaced with other items. I have used rum, whiskey, wine (red and white), vodka, bourbon. Key is watch the overkill. Too much of a good thing ruins it overall.
Pictures, or it didn't happen.

I’m not a big traditional roast fan. I think because my mom would make roast, carrots and potatoes when I was a kid on Sundays in the Winter. No seasonings, no onion, no garlic. Just roast, carrots and potatoes cooked until shoe leather had more moisture. But, this sounds good! I will give it a try.

I’m not a big traditional roast fan. I think because my mom would make roast, carrots and potatoes when I was a kid on Sundays in the Winter. No seasonings, no onion, no garlic. Just roast, carrots and potatoes cooked until shoe leather had more moisture. But, this sounds good! I will give it a try.

That’s why I was never a roast fan until this year. I love Mississippi style roast loaded with peppercinis

I might have to give this a try for some variety Doug! We have a lot of roasts, both venison and beef to enjoy and like the variety.

As Dwreckers mentioned, my favorite has been the Mississippi pot roast recipe as of late.

Back