Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wife's Idaho Muley

ERSS

Found a strip of BLM 1/3 mile wide, by 1 mile long that was a little difficult to access ( Thanks Onyx Maps! ) and we had it to ourselves. Set up overlooking a sagebrush flat at last light, and found this guy with a group of does. Wife made a great shot.....continuing her streak!

Attachments

• 2016-11-05 10.08.16.jpg
    2016-11-05 10.08.16.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 850
Looks like your hard work and her good shooting paid off big this year. Congrats.

Congrats to your wife on a great buck. Those small areas can be overlooked by other people and sometimes hold some nice animals.

Thanks guys. She is gonna have a hard time beating last years buck.....but it sure is fun trying!

Attachments

• rach deer final 3.jpg
    rach deer final 3.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 661
congrats on 2 very nice deer,,i will be heading your direction next week on a late muzz deer hunt in 52 a,,has the deer started any rut activity yet?how is the snow in the mountains there?Enough to push any down? 52 a is the low desert area over by arco,,any tips or advice for me?I hope 52a muzz will be a good one?ive heard though that it is a low deer densidy unit?hoping that some deer come in from 52,49 and 50 I hope.

Despite the warm weather, deer are rutting now. I am a bit west of the area you will be hunting, with higher elevation and colder temps - been real warm recently - still near 60 during the day. Wifes deer last friday was definitely rutting. Deer density may be low in your area, but I know a few big ones have come from there and are still there - both resident and migrating deer. Few years back, had a friend tell me the biggest deer he ever saw, he kicked up in 52a while hunting sage grouse ( or chukar ? ). Best of luck, looking forward to the story of your hunt.

Good looking buck . I'm sure she could have got it done on her own but brought you along to help pack. I anticipate her keeping the streak going on in 2017.

Back