Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wife got her bull

Baerman

Well my wifes and my dream came true for the year for the second time. First dream was having a healthy kid in July, second was to give my wife an opportunity to stick her first archery kill and a branch antler bull. It was one heck of a week. Having a kid made it difficult to get her up the mountain but luckily the in laws came along to watch the kiddo during the day while she got to chase bugeling bulls. We were in elk everyday and they were screaming the whole time. I even finally heard the estrus whine, which I was skeptical of. I called three different bulls into range for her during the couple days she hunted. First bull did not present a shot. Second bull, she thought it was zigging, she drew and it zagged and headed stright for her stopping 5 feet from her before backing out of the trees she was in, talk about load in the pants! The third bull she put the smack down at 20 yds, double lung shot.

Attachments

• Talena 2010 Bull 1.jpg
    Talena 2010 Bull 1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 846
  • Talena 2010 Bull 2.jpg
    Talena 2010 Bull 2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 845
Great bull for her, congrats. Radio collared even, way cool. Should be able to get some history on him

That is awesome Baerman. Congrats to you and the misses for the many trophies you guys have had this year.

Wow, that is a cool hunt. Congrats to all. Your wife is one of a kind to be out in the hills archery hunting with an infant in tow. Hope there are many more bulls in her hunting future.

Thanks for all the congrats. Here the boys first taste of big game hunting. I'll be the first to say it...What a redneck picture! But It was a blast having our future hunter in tow.

Attachments

• Kellen Hunting 2010.jpg
    Kellen Hunting 2010.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 463
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back