MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

WI Geese

stephenk22

This was my first year goose hunting here in WI.

It doesn't get any better than finding a hunting spot 6 minutes from your house. Found the 'x' the night before and knocked on 6 houses before I found out who the landowner was. Couldn't believe we got access.
x43ntu.jpg

My cousin and I's first limit of geese, back to back days. Couldn't ask for a better hunt. We hunted over 7 goose shell decoys and covered up with burlap that we brushed in with corn stalks.

30aevk4.jpg

2qlwd3k.jpg

1 kick ass day of goose hunting has you hooked for life. But man is it expensive to get started, just like big game. The decoys are a fortune and access is super tough. I wish I could do more of it, but gotta pick priorities I guess.

Kinda funny, as long as Im on the X, the geese don't seem to mind my 12 silos and $50 layout blind + lackluster calling. But if we're hunting a field they aren't already using, even my buddies 8 dozen fancy full bodied can't even get em to give us a look sometimes.

Congrats on the limits! Good times.

Looks like your figured it out and got 'em.
Good for you two.
Ducks are moving down into Montana some.
Time to get after them.
BTW, Welcome to HuntTalk. thanks for posting your goose story and pics.

Congrats on the geese. Started waterfowl hunting last year and love it, just wish I started doing it sooner.

I quit hunting waterfowl 30 years ago, when it became so complicated you needed to take a lawyer along with you on a hunt.

Thanks guys. Our waterfowl season has been awful so far. It hasn't been cold enough up north to send many ducks down yet. Hopefully we will get a good push before the seasons over

Back