MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Why might a non-firearm be carried during gun seasons?

What questions do you ask yourself if you should see a hunter afield with a bow, muzzle-loader or air gun afield during a gun season? There are some occasions when archery equipment, falcons, air guns and/or muzzle-loaders are allowed during gun seasons.

Don't you ever ask yourself, "Is that guy a convict or what!" whenever you see a non-gun in the deer woods during a gun season? There might be other reasons for non-guns during gun seasons, but one possibility is that the hunter might be banned from getting a gun.
5da264347eab04e575efa4f19991136b.jpg

The only time I've ever questioned if a guy is a convict is when I saw a man driving a riding lawnmower down the street in the winter, or see one of those guys (you know the type 50+/-, a cig hanging out of his mount, trucker hat, and looks like he had meth for breakfast) riding a BMX dirt bike down the street.

I don't question it. I hunt in an unincorporated portion of our county where firearms are perfectly legal. The property line comes up against a subdivision ( where I live) and I hunt within 100 yards of that property line. I really don't want to fire a rifle, even though 100% legal, and scare an unsuspecting person and having to deal with a possible law enforcement interaction even though again, I would be perfectly legal.

Just this year alone I have taken three deer within 100 yards of a neighbors house, they never saw me, they never saw me bring the animal out, etc...

The only time I've ever questioned if a guy is a convict is when I saw a man driving a riding lawnmower down the street in the winter, or see one of those guys (you know the type 50+/-, a cig hanging out of his mount, trucker hat, and looks like he had meth for breakfast) riding a BMX dirt bike down the street.

Yes, there are a lot of legitimate reasons to use a "non-gun" during seasons guns are allowed provided game laws allow non-guns for hunting during such seasons where guns are also allowed. In Oklahoma, there are no weapon-specific tags for deer, only weapon-specific seasons. Many public areas are weapons-type restrictive (e.g., no modern CF rifles). I don't believe Oklahoma bans felons from black powder guns.

non-gun = any weapon not burning smokeless powder

Tom are you asking because you're planning on breaking the law?
Those pigeons are tempting I know
no, just curious to see what others might think, I try to avoid being near felons or people I suspect are felons

I was wondering if it might be prudent to stay away from a person with a bow or other non-gun during gun seasons. Having a non-gun during a gun season might be a sign of a criminal past.

Is seeing a non-firearm during gun seasons a cause for alarm? The man seen with a bow during gun season might be a registered sex offender.

no, just curious to see what others might think, I try to avoid being near felons or people I suspect are felons

I was wondering if it might be prudent to stay away from a person with a bow or other non-gun during gun seasons. Having a non-gun during a gun season might be a sign of a criminal past.

Is seeing a non-firearm during gun seasons a cause for alarm? The man seen with a bow during gun season might be a registered sex offender.
LMAO💀. And the man seen buying a candy bar at the jiffy store might be Pablo Escobar.

I hunt with my muzzleloader during the any weapon season because I want too. What other reason could you possibly need?

I've seen the riding lawnmower trick on a busy 4 lane near my office...same guy multiple times. He finally made himself famous.

Tom with some of the questions you ask it might be prudent for you to avoid ANYONE who might have a pointed object readily at hand.🤦🏼

Only thought that one time.. Guy was wearing a loin cloth, had his face painted hunter orange like William Wallace, had knee high moccasins, and was singing Journey's "Wheel In The Sky" while rubbing deer liver around his his chest in a figure 8 pattern. He growled at me so I let him have his space.
That was you??? Shoot man, I apologize that you had to see that. I was just in a really strange place, mentally, and it was a dark time of my life.

That was you??? Shoot man, I apologize that you had to see that. I was just in a really strange place, mentally, and it was a dark time of my life.
I just thought it was the the peyote trip you were on...been there done that just left you alone in the Spirit World. Thanks for not scalping me and wearing my skin as an overcoat...it was freaking cols out!

Back