Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Why i think the Ruger 10/22 Carbine is the best weapon for Self Defense

10/22Guy

number (1) they are made in the USA , number (2) it comes with a 10 round magazine , you can buy more with even some with 25 round mags , if you have more than one you can reload fast , number 3 no recoil so you are able to focus on your target and not worry about a shotgun beating you up in the process ,(4) ammo is cheap and you can stockpile , (5) the parts are easy to buy and you can fix it yourself plus the parts are cheap , shotguns are hard to find parts online i have searched for replacement parts for stevens 301 shotguns and ati nomad shotguns no parts can be found so with that being said i will choose to have a ruger 10/22 over a shotgun . also if you want to use a 10/22 ruger for self defense or any other 22lr i suggest you using cci-velocitor they are the best rounds with no jamming and they are clean burning shots , now back to the shotguns i love shotguns the single barrels but since you can't buy replacement parts to stock up they are useless because if the shit hits the fan and your shotgun breaks and your back up break over time and there is no one out there to fix it then you are screwed and you will not have a gun to protect you and your family , so with that being said i think you should think long term when buying a gun for home defense and survival , do your homework before buying a gun if you can't find extra parts for that new gun then don't buy it , only buy a gun that sells the parts you will need for the future .

I wouldn’t disagree that parts are easy to find, they are reliable, and everyone should have one in the safe. It’s not really a fair comparison tho if you choose the most popular 22 rifle built and don’t compare it with a mossberg 500 or a Remington 870. With those your parts argument falls apart. I also want a little more knock down power if it really is for self defense

Prefer pump shotgun, short barrel, open choke, 12 gauge, plug removed, buckshot. Will go through interior door taking some splinters with the pellets when bad guy insists on attempting to kick door down. Recoil severe and will lose hearing to some extent touching off a few rounds in a bedroom. If bad guy has on a vest then will still punch like a mule kick. Your 10/22 is easier on the ears but not that impressive against a vest or even a heavy coat with layers. Head shot attempt when waking up from a deep sleep in low light conditions with you moving and bad guy moving is iffy. A .22 can glance off a skull. A load of buckshot is less likely to glance away. Anyway, sleep tight and don't let the bugs bite.

Back