Caribou Gear Tarp

Why i think the Ruger 10/22 Carbine is the best weapon for Self Defense

I'm feeling kinda bad about the beating we've handed out. May be the OP is 14 Y.O. and that's all he's got. I do backslide into social media dogpile. The good news I asked Mrs and she says I wasn't always a jerk.

Still not sure what it means as it applies to this thread. Sounds like a lot of members are sheltering in place. mtmuley
Somwhere in a parallel universe there is a mtmuley who's first gun wasn't a 338 RUM. This is him posting through a worm hole.

Good luck at 17 tonight!

What a totally weird and great post. Personally, coming from a person who has shot other people in combat, I'm not really big on shooting more people, it doesn't do good things to your mind. That's why I'm a big fan of the pump shotgun, if you hear that noise and keep coming, you've really asked for it. However, a 10/22 is such a fun gun.

I remember as a little kid taking hunters safety and the instructor was saying how his favorite weapon for home defense was a pump shotgun. He then proceeded to turn off the lights and cycle a round. That sound and image made a lasting impression, that sound alone has to be the best deterrent out there.

But I sure do have fond memories of my little 10-22 growing up. Whoever was the engineer for that gun is my hero. We'd run more rounds thru that thing than some 3rd world countries have in their military stockpile and couldn't hardly ever get it to jamb. Man those are great little guns.

Welcome abord!

The racking methodology prolly doesn't work too well if the boogie man is charged, nervous, or lit. Hope to never find out but keep the tools oiled.

Plus, aside from the noise in a quiet, dark room, I don't know just how many young punks would even know what that sound WAS! But it's still MY preferred defensive weapon!

The racking methodology prolly doesn't work too well if the boogie man is charged, nervous, or lit. Hope to never find out but keep the tools oiled.

It worked for one of my best friends. His first house was in a very bad neighborhood. Like he lived on the boundary of 2 warring gangs back in the crack epidemic days. There were a couple of shoot outs on his front lawn.. 1 guy bled out on his sidewalk. So he kept a 870 next to his bed.

He slept on the first story and one night someone breaks his bedroom window and tries crawling into the house. He picked up the 870 walked calmly up to the guy and racked the slide. The bad guy pulled himself so fast back through the window that he really sliced himself up on the broken glass and left a huge blood trail. The cops found him in the local ER..

Last edited:
It worked for one of my best friends. His first house was in a very bad neighborhood. Like he lived on the boundary of 2 warring gangs back in the crack epidemic days. He had a couple of shoot outs in his front lawn.. 1 guy bled out on his sidewalk. So he kept a 870 next to his bed.

He slept on the first story and one night someone breaks his bedroom window and tries crawling into the house. He picked up the 870 walked calmly up to the guy and racked the slide. The bad guy pulled himself so fast back through the window that he really sliced himself up on the broken glass and left a huge blood trail. The cops found him in the local ER..
You friend needs a better real estate agent. ;)

You friend needs a better real estate agent. ;)

He wasn't very good with money and the house was like $1200 if I recall.. So it was all he could afford. We did a lot of work to it and eventually things calmed down he sold it for quite a profit and moved back to the country.

I carried a Mossberg 500 in Iraq. We used to joke about it being an instant translator. We'd go into a village and every Haji in the place swore they couldn't speak English.... until I racked that slide o_O

I'm feeling kinda bad about the beating we've handed out. May be the OP is 14 Y.O. and that's all he's got. I do backslide into social media dogpile. The good news I asked Mrs and she says I wasn't always a jerk.
Not really! :LOL:

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back