Caribou Gear Tarp

Why does it have to be this way?

Do you like traditional thanksgiving fare?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 98 52.7%
  • Yes, but mostly because of the tradition

Votes: 32 17.2%
  • No, but i do like the tradition of it

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • No i'd absolutely prefer other stuff. tradition be damned.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • Don't care, i'm too busy blasting forkies in montana on thanksgiving day

Votes: 18 9.7%

• Total voters
I’m sure this will blow your mind as well but I’ve had chicken fried steak just once ever. Didn’t do it for me. Same goes for biscuits and gravy. One and done there too. I know, I’m a sociopath.
For the record, it’s not I flat out think gravy and those meals that require it are gross, it’s more like I’m neutral about it and the dishes don’t require it. Similar IMO to sour cream, it doesn’t taste all that good and if I’m gonna eat something unhealthy, I’d rather have more bang (good flavor) for my buck. Like more beer, more dessert or whatever. Just not gravy.

For the record, it’s not I flat out think gravy and those meals that require it are gross, it’s more like I’m neutral about it and the dishes don’t require it. Similar IMO to sour cream, it doesn’t taste all that good and if I’m gonna eat something unhealthy, I’d rather have more bang (good flavor) for my buck. Like more beer, more dessert or whatever. Just not gravy.
1669305273917.png

Here's how you make mashed potatoes:

First, you bake the potatoes. Get that watered down boiled mess out of here. Microwave is an acceptable second choice. 20221124_105106.jpg

Next, you prep the necessary ingredients (that's just a sample stick of butter, theres an additional stick and a half in these)20221124_105124.jpg
Scoop potatoes out of their skins and mash, combining ingredients until it tastes right. The end result? Should you bag them and keep warm in a water bath, the amount of fat in the potatoes pulls them above the water level. 20221124_111843.jpg

I had a terrible thought cross through my mind an hour ago…hugging. I like to hug my kids and my wife, but my sister in law who doesn’t stop talking and I have to chase her kids all day long because they are tearing my house apart and she says nothing I hate hugging. Can we just shake hands or fist bump?

The turkey is on schedule, the squash is on the traeger, my drink has fresh ice, I’m doing good!

I’m just happy that all this cooking gets me a new rocks glass. The dog tripped me coming in from the fire the other night and I dropped mine. B16B80AD-DC84-49F9-BBAF-3FFE89C07E0D.jpeg

Does anyone soak pecans in a whiskey before they go in the pie? We have a place in town that does pecan pie for dessert and I overheard the gentleman say that he soaks them in Jim Beam at the restaurant, but will use Jack Daniel's when he makes it at home. Think he said he does them overnight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back