Why all the 6.5 CM hate?

Bill,
I was with you, right up to where you said "6.5 rob", then went on to say 6.5X57.
Paul Mauser is rolling over!

Would have been easier to list the cartridges that the Creedmoor is faster than.
6.5 Grendel
6.5-223.

Ok, list done. :D:

Ooohhh,
I know what i'm gonna sell Hornady on next!
6.5-9mm Luger.
For all the Creed guys with supressors, but no subsonic ammo.
They could neck up the 22 TCM(which is based on a .223 Remington shortened to fit a handgun magazine) to .264 diameter. It should push a 143 grain ELD-X close to 1000 fps.

I am looking for actual reasons why people do not like 6.5cm. All of the opinions and nicknames like 6.5 manbun are pretty funny but I haven’t seen many comments that were based in actual use of the caliber.

I have had mine for two year and have shot 6 antelope, 2 elk, and 2 deer in that time. I have not had an animal go further than 20 yards. I am very confident with the rifle and caliber and I personally believe that is a big part of being accurate. I do not prescribe to long range hunting though, I like the long range capabilities at the range but do not take long shots on animals. The longest shot out of all those animals was 250. I feel it is like hunting archery, just because you can shoot x confidently at the range, you should not hunt that same distance.
I think anyone asking about caliber hate would do well to go back and read the letters written between Jack O’Connor and Elmer Keith.
Also, the prose of Jack vs the rancor of Elmer always makes me smile.

Link? I’m too lazy.
It’s a book. Remember those? Hard cover, heavy paper, torn dust jacket. Remember those. If you’re too lazy to use the Google machine, a book may be a bit tough... 😂. Don’t get mad.

It’s a book. Remember those? Hard cover, heavy paper, torn dust jacket. Remember those. If you’re too lazy to use the Google machine, a book may be a bit tough... 😂. Don’t get mad.

You must be new around here.

I choose a cartridge based off of adequate performance on game, cost, and availability of factory ammo. My two primary hunting rifles are both .30/06.

6.5 Creedmoor has gotten so popular that I don't expect it to ever go anywhere. Other fad cartridges will come along, but 6.5 Creedmoor ammo will still be on the shelf along with .30-30, .243, etc.

I'll probably consider the Creedmoor along with some other low recoil cartridges when it's time to bump my kids up to centerfires.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back