Yeti GOBOX Collection

Why all the 6.5 CM hate?

My understanding of Jack O’Conner is that BuzzH is telling it straight.

Been doing a bit of research on this caliber. Looks like to sum it up, if you’re sensitive to recoil then the 6.5cm is good for you. Otherwise the .264 shoots flatter and the .270 has more options ammo wise and more power with better long range trajectory in general. So in other words unless you’re a small woman or a child, and already own a .270 or .264, there’s no reason to buy a 6.5cm😂😂😂
In addition they’re not better for coyotes IF you want to sell them. With a .223 you can use a 40 grain bullet and have no exit hole, and the ammo is cheaper and it’s a super accurate round when not windy.

Last edited:
Been doing a bit of research on this caliber. Looks like to sum it up, if you’re sensitive to recoil then the 6.5cm is good for you. Otherwise the .264 shoots flatter and the .270 has more options ammo wise and more power with better long range trajectory in general. So in other words unless you’re a small woman or a child, and already own a .270 or .264, there’s no reason to buy a 6.5cm😂😂😂
In addition they’re not better for coyotes IF you want to sell them. With a .223 you can use a 40 grain bullet and have no exit hole, and the ammo is cheaper and it’s a super accurate round when not windy.

Dear Abby,

I own a .264 win mag and I’ve been looking at a PRC lustfully. Am I being unfaithful to my first love... will this ruin my relationship.

Long time reader.

@morley.tyler
I think this gives a good taste of what their exchange was probably like... I'm not going to drop $35 on a book which is essentially the 1960s version of a hunt talk thread. I'm sure given the massive impact I will have on the world, one day folks will dig through the server this forum is housed upon in order to be dazzled by my wit and brilliance.

To be completely honest, if I want to be entertained by a battle between erudition and quarrelsome bastards I will consult my great friend and ally the search bar; @Ben Lamb and @noharleyyet have put a number of churlish louts in their place. JWP58 v. Ben Lamb is perhaps my favorite...

Also, there are only 8 copies of the book on worldcat and by the time it arrives through ILL I won't care anymore...

View attachment 125913

People need to zoom in and read that letter. It is gold.

Here is a bit of "gun writer" wisdom from 2011: https://www.rifleshootermag.com/editorial/ammunition_cartridges_without/84537
It should stir up some "lively discussion".....I didn't even know a 7-30 Waters was a real thing. Pretty sure he made that up. It also highlights how little I know about calibers, and the depths one can go. I wonder what Boddington's opinion would be today if he re-wrote the article.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back