Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Who’s applying in CO?

As much as I enjoy hunting Colorado and especially rutting mule deer, Colorado is getting nixed for me. It might change one day if I ever have to leave WY but for now the ever increasing cost and the inevitable reduction of NR tags it’s getting it nixed. We will have enough tags between WY and ID.

Last edited:
Put in for 1st season and have a reasonable chance at both elk tags. Everything else (including moose, sheep, goat) points. I also keep buying points for the kids and wife in hopes they will actually hunt with me again ;)
Shit, I forgot about buying my wife points!

She’s a year behind me in WY but I keep putting off her CO apps.

Still deciding. With 2 points, there are several units with 100% draw odds for archery elk. Almost all of those units are 100% odds with zero points as well. ? And, Colorado is issuing 1,000 tags for most of those units. Seriously? 1,000 tags issued in a limited entry unit? Doesn't sound that limited to me. Will it get any better next year with 3 points? Dunno, but I gotta act soon.

Still deciding. With 2 points, there are several units with 100% draw odds for archery elk. Almost all of those units are 100% odds with zero points as well. ? And, Colorado is issuing 1,000 tags for most of those units. Seriously? 1,000 tags issued in a limited entry unit? Doesn't sound that limited to me. Will it get any better next year with 3 points? Dunno, but I gotta act soon.

I’m in the same boat, I was hoping with 2-3 pts to weed out some competition in the LE hunts.
Matt

This will be my last year as a resident so I applied for everything except Bighorn Sheep. I won't have the time if I draw this year so just picking up another point. Other than that, I applied for cow moose with 3+0, Muzzleloader elk, rifle bear, 3rd rifle mule deer and burned my 7 antelope points on a hunt that usually takes 5 points. Our move is planned for the fall so we'll see how much time I can put toward any of these!

Preference points only for me this year. I burned my 13 Elk points last year.

I will have 14 deer points next year and will be looking to burn those. If anyone has suggestions on units I would love to hear. I'm just starting to research.

Just got mine in for deer, elk, pronghorn, plus points for moose and sheep.

Anyone else notice that when you go to the list of orders in your account the options for how many will appear on the screen are 4, 5, 8, 16, 32? Never seen that before.

With our first kid on the way in a month, no better time than now to burn some points.

Looking forward to muzzleloader bull and 3rd rifle buck hunts. Does Wilderness Athlete make pre-workout baby formula?

Elk and deer points for me and the wife this year... Plan is to draw deer next season and elk maybe the following year...

I just applied for an elk point this year. I may possibly grab something off the leftover list but likely it'll be 2023 before I'm back out there, as I have some other things going on in November this year. I guess I'll just have to hit the whitetails hard here at home, which honestly is pretty enjoyable in its own right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuckyDraw
Back