Who remembers black and white TV?

I remember them all heck I was born in 51. We only got two channels when we first got a tv, and that was in the mid 50's. They were barely watchable but we were mesmerized by it. With todays digital standards people would throw their tv sets out if they got the picture we did.

As I watched this earlier most of these shows I only watched in syndication in the 60's. We still only had a BW TV when the moon landing happened so I watched quite a few shows in BW along with the cartoons that was only shown on Saturday mornings.

It was a big deal at our house, getting our first color TV when I was a kid.
All we had was an aentenna, and you could get 4 channels, of which only 2 had a reliable good picture.
Wouldn't upset me too bad to $hitcan the satellite dish and go back to the aentenna and renting movies, but the warden thinks she needs it.

Was watching an old black and white in my bedroom when they broke in to tell me Elvis was dead.
Used to have to go to my room to watch Monday Night Footballs Halftime highlights cuz my dad hated Howard Cosell.
My television was bigger than some European cars and weighed more than some American cars.

I watch too much TV! A couple of weeks ago I was visiting my daughter in Columbus Ohio and I found a station that played nothing but TV tunes. At first we thought it was funny, but we ended up having a lot of fun guessing the show that went with it.

Yea, I'm that old. Late 50s, early 60s. I think it was around 62 or 63 when dad got a color set. He always was cutting edge.
Remember the Commador 64 computer ? Dad had one.

We were talking about this at work today. TV's, and stuff like when they use to play the national anthem before signing off for the night, etc. Funny part is we have a kid who just turned 21 and he just shook his head.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back