Who here knows Remington 700s?

If is McMillian recoil pad have McMillian name. I comparted my black McMillan to picture and checking is not the
same. They could of changed checking but not name on recoil pad.

I pull up McMilin site and checking on this rifle same mine.

I’ve never seen a McMillan recoil pad, and in fact have never seen a McMillan stock with an identifying mark of any kind.

Guys, I believe that stock is a McMillan BDL.
I have a McMillan that is very similar, but the cheekpiece is not raised above the recoil pad. It is only raised from the left side of the butt. Admittedly it is an ADL style stock.

I ended up getting a kidney stone and having surgery and whatnot so I haven’t been able to pick it up from my FFL. I’ll try to later this day if I feel well enough

I’ve never seen a McMillan recoil pad, and in fact have never seen a McMillan stock with an identifying mark of any kind.
If I recall correctly, my two KS stocks have an “M” in the barrel channels, but nothing visible with the barreled actions in. I think they are McMillans.

If I recall correctly, my two KS stocks have an “M” in the barrel channels, but nothing visible with the barreled actions in. I think they are McMillans.
The two that I have without rifles in them have both had their barrel channels relieved substantially, so I couldn’t say if there was ever a marking in there or not, however, I’m 99% sure that McMillan does not use any identifying marks anywhere on the stock.

Heck ya! Smoking deal!
You going to shoot it or pull the barrel already?
I’ll shoot it because I have some ammo and I want to see how accurate it is, but I won’t keep it 270. Not my cup of tea.

I inspected everything and it appears that the action was even blueprinted when it was customized. I struck a real pot of gold with this one

I’ll shoot it because I have some ammo and I want to see how accurate it is, but I won’t keep it 270. Not my cup of tea.

I inspected everything and it appears that the action was even blueprinted when it was customized. I struck a real pot of gold with this one
What cartridge do you have in mind for it? What action work does it look like was done?

What cartridge do you have in mind for it? What action work does it look like was done?
The face of the action looks trued up, at the very least. I think the lugs were lapped as well. I’d have to do some testing to find out for sure.

I’d get it in 280 AI most likely. I already have all the loading stuff for it and it limits having too many cartridges.

Why? mtmuley
Just never been too big of a fan. There’s nothing wrong with it, .277’s just not my favorite caliber. No other real reason. I’ve taken game with it fine, but I never feel joy using it like I do with my 25-06 or 280 Ackley or 30-30.

I have one that had the infamous go off without pulling the trigger. Might want to look up that issue and get the new trigger for it.

Back