Who Eats the "ORGANS".

Moosie

Grand poopa
Wondering who does...

Heart ? Brain ? Kindneys ?

Hell, I barely eat the steaks and Backstraps ;) :D

Anyone a Liver fan ?

I finally gave the heart of my last deer to a friend in appreciation for what he does.

Vipe keeps getting mad at me for never bringing the heart and liver home. So next time I will keep them for her.(not me)

I try and bring the Heart/Liver out for others that like this stuff more than I. There never seems to be a lack for want around here, especially with the senior citizens in this town... :D

I LOVE deer liver and heart...

Moosie...Did you watch the Inuits eating the RAW liver and stomach contents in the video I sent you..??...

In a nutshell.. I'll eat a critter's heart and liver, but I draw the line at eating his ORGAN.... :D ...

Coyotes gotta eat something :D . My dad is a big fan of eating "guts". I remeber when I got my first deer I asked him if I had to pack them out and he said it was my choice, I was pumped. I've never wasted my time with them. I have a whole deer or elk to eat why waste time with those little crappy pieces of meat.

Don't like any liver so never bother. Tried some moose heart two years ago and it was pretty darned good. It was the first heart I ever had. I have tried pork brains about 25 years ago. It was pretty good, but the more I thought about what I was eating, the less I ate, then ate no more. With CWD, the brains are the last thing I would try and eat or even touch. Never had tripe, so I am not about to start with deer or elk tripe. Just don't look good.

The organs are high in cholesterol, so I avoid eating them, but sometimes on a cold day we fry up some heart mussle sliced thin for breakfast in camp, because that is good.

KC, thats like asking whats Better then roses on your Piano.... Tulips on your Organ ;)

I personally don't eat Liver, Heart, brains or nothing. I think anything besides the Meat is "GUTS" and should stay in the Hills !!!

Pygmy, truth be told I've only gotten 1/2 way through the 1st Video ...
... I need to sit down one evening and Just watch them. I will Tomorrow night and let you know. (But thats just gross eating raw guts to boot)

Moosie ,
You have to eat that rams oysters , they're great saute`ed in butter and brandy.
Deer heart is excellent , fresh deer liver and onions isn't bad either.
My Grandma used to scramble the brains with eggs , but I never had the sack to try it.

cant do liver. i cant stand how it smells.my oldest boy really likes heart so i cook one up a year but im not a big fan of it.

I'll pack out my elk/deer hearts; most times we fry them up in camp. I've had several buddy's that said “make sure you bring out the liver.” Now, an Elk liver ain't no little thing. Three times I packed my elk liver out, for someone else in camp. All three times because of flukes or other reasons, the liver went to waste. Only thing I pack out now is the meat and the heart.

WW

Never have acquired the taste for any kind of liver, although deer and elk heart are pretty good. Like W.W. we always have at least one meal of heart @ elk camp.

Back