Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Who can go? When? Texas 2003

Kraven

Is there going to be another Texas Ram hunt in the spring.If so lets start making a few plans for it.This way I can save some cash for it with an early notice.I would sure like to go back down for a hunt if ya all are wanting to do it,since my wife asked me when the hunt was and I told her I wasnt sure yet hehehehehhe ;) :D

When do you want to go? You're right, the sooner its set up, the better for planning and for having that weekend available.

Thompson is out deep sea fishing right now, but we can get some weekends people want and call him, when he gets back and see if they are available.

Moosie asked that people name some desired weekends a while back. That's the last I heard on it.

Just let me know when... any time but month-end works for me. So for Fridays in Spring 2003, that means 1-31, 2-28, 3-28, (April is probably okay for any Friday,) and 5-30 would be tough for me to get off.

I was thinking to do it before Turkey season opened up here which is April 15th.Also I think that it starts to get warmer in Texas in April.March would be great for me.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-23-2002 19:37: Message edited by: Kraven ]</font>

The last time we planned a date around 1-pointer, he bailed on us... ;) March sounds good to me too. (Come to think of it, the last two times, Danr has bailed on us.) :D

UMMMMM not Easter weekend that would be a bonus ;) I am in for this years hunt to Texas and have started saving already.Lets make this hunt just as memorable as the first one. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> The last time we planned a date around 1-pointer, he bailed on us... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
OUCH!!!!

i missed this hunt last year and found out at the last minute about it.delw showed me the video and it looks like you guys had a blast.i could be in for next years hunt if it is before april, i get really busy after that. how much was the hunt last year and does anyone know if the price has changed.

Great thanks Cali.
tnctcb the price of the hunt was $180.00 if you had got a Ram then I think it was $100.00 or $130.00 if you did not get a Ram.
Here is a link to Thompsons web sitenull

I will find out when my son is out of college for Spring break and let you know my best dates (if that doesn't work out, I'm still flexible). Looking forward to another great time. In addition to dodging Easter weekend, hopefully the women's NIT basketball tournament won't be San Antonio the same weekend next year.

Dennis

Hi Guys,

The last sheep hunt was fun (except for that ride up and down that hill, lol). I won't be going again anytime soon since I have discovered texas hog hunting. Hog hunting is just way to much fun to pass up. I have 15 people going on a 3 day hog hunt in Jan 2003 at a cost of $379. That covers everything: Lodging, all meals, all the hogs (no limit), butchering and deep freezing the hogs, semi-guided (they take you to the stands and pick you up). The lodge is 1,500 sq ft with 4 bedrooms and 2 full baths, living room, kitched and dining room. A real nice place and it has a full length covered porch on the back.

Jim (aka VPD10) has put together a weekend hunt at Thompsons for 10 guys for Jan 2003. They are going the weekend before the group hog hunt I put together. Some of those 10 people will also be on my hog hunt. Jim and I both know a fellow hunter that lives in South Texas and we will be hunting his private ranch for the days in between Jims sheep hunt and my group hog hunt. We are hog hunting on that private ranch as well.

Hope all of you have a great hunt and bring back lots of fond memories.

Don

Shakey your alive.. I was wondering where you been....

sounds like a blast shooting hogs...
Delw

Hey, Thompson left me a message, April 19 is the first weekend from now with nobody booked. Moosie needs to call him and set it up. I don't know if there is an early weekend in March with just 1 or 2 hunters booked or not. We've waited to long to have it to ourselves in March probably. Thompson said he'll be back weds. Moosie?

It sounds like Shaky and Jim got a group of friends to go back in Jan. and also do some more hog hunting? How did the last hunt go Shaky? It sounds like a nice place. Any pictures? How about a red stag or axis hunt, want to do one of those here? Fallow are hard antlered now too. The hog hunt sounds neat.

I'm OUt for next year... Out of funds/time..... If you guys put one together I might get a WHIMMmm to fly there but I'm out of the planning...

I'm hunting Sask in June for BEAR and have a few other hunts planned..

Wish I had more time and MONEY for it all

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back