Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Who can go? When? Texas 2003

Tom I would be interested in a Javelina hunt,you can bet on that.If we make it on that weekend that would be perfect.Always wanted a little porcupine pig mounted.Let us know what you hear Tom,Thanks for all your help again.Thanks for the email aswell.

I got a message last night that April 5 has only 2 hunters booked. Otherwise, its after the Easter weekend of April 19. Anybody have a conflict with April 5?

We'll have to do the javelina either before or after the weekend ram hunt. I guess I should check on reservations for that. South Texas has a high density javelina population and you can hunt them with gun, bow, whatever for $75 at this place and there's hogs there too. A 200lb hog would be $100 extra, they're $.50/lb. I guess they figure they ate a lot, the more they weigh so they recoop some planting and watering costs. Later.

(He said the lord blessed him and he's booked up from Feb.8-March 29, but he stocks the place, some people call him Mr.Sheep)

What about April 5?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-03-2002 09:43: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

Kraven, The javelina place only holds about 10 max. The $35 liscense is 5 days, I was thinking we could go do the javelina before or after the 3 days at the ram hunt and use the other 2 days of the liscense as an option. If there is a javelina at the ram ranch, it counts as one of the $180 animals. He had a good group a few years ago, but it seems like they moved out with a big rain and haven't been showing up lately. There's corsican, Haw.Black, Mouflon (some characteristics, 100% is pretty rare), Texas Dall, New Zealand mountain goat or catalina, and rambo rams. Sometimes there's 4 horns. Any aoudad is free to those paying for a $180 hunt. More animals can be shot at $180 and about 20% make the Records of Exotics. There are some upgrade rams too that he'll tell us about when we get there. Any varmint can be shot free, any hog (but they are rare) there is free as they destroy the fence.

Tom I will be in Texas from Thursday until Sunday just like last yr.So we might not be able to do the Javelina then,darn it.But thats ok it was just an idea.

april 5th will work for me but i need to know a firm date soon as that is dangerously close to my busy season and i dont want to end up like the california hunt ( late and tired).ill be home through the middle of next week if any changes happen after that, del, rick or keith maybe one of you can call me and give me the updates.

Tom, I'm in if you promise to keep this war thing under control.. I don't want ole' GW getting messed up in my huntin' again... Don't need any smelly javelina though.. maybe some nice big ole fat hog....

:cool:

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back