Who Believes Powell and Yellen

Let's talk economics.

Economics is all about human behavior - how we allocate scarce resources that have other uses.

When we make economical decisions, those decisions are based on incentives - what benefits ME.

Government folks have a whole different set of incentives than you or I do. So Powell and Yellen are incentivized to keep their jobs, and will do what it takes for just that. Might not have anything at all to do with what is best for the economy as a whole, but they ARE dealing with the economy - theirs.

So "believe" what they have to say in that light. Changes your perspective a bit...

David
NM

Let's talk economics.

Economics is all about human behavior - how we allocate scarce resources that have other uses.

When we make economical decisions, those decisions are based on incentives - what benefits ME.

Government folks have a whole different set of incentives than you or I do. So Powell and Yellen are incentivized to keep their jobs, and will do what it takes for just that. Might not have anything at all to do with what is best for the economy as a whole, but they ARE dealing with the economy - theirs.

So "believe" what they have to say in that light. Changes your perspective a bit...

David
NM
I wish it was that easy.....

All you guys making cheese posts have been reported. Ban hammer coming at ya! You cheddar plead for your gouda graces!

my wife got me an ice cream maker for fathers day.

there is no ice cream like homemade ice cream. tillamook can suck it.
When I was like 23 I made some homemade ice cream for a 4th of July party and a body builder made fun of me for it and I haven’t made any since 😞

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back