Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Whitetail action heating up?

bklotthor

Seems like the chasing has been picking up here in Nebraska over the last few days. Anyone else having any good action recently?

Central Iowa I had 3 different chases going on around me the morning of 11/1/19. It was nuts. Other reports from NW Iowa the last few days are just seeking bucks, light bumping, etc., which actually makes shooting them easier. It sure is fun hunting when they are chasing but killing them is difficult with a bow/getting them to stop in the right spot.

Still pretty slow during daylight here in central Wisconsin, but guys are starting to put some nice bucks down. Next weekend should be prime (I hope)

Buddy of mine killed a nice buck in Montana last night, said he was nose to the ground cruising for does. Still a tad early for the bulk of them but it's a start!

I've seen no mature bucks chasing or even seeking in central IA, although I'm probably just missing them.

Little bucks are chasing like crazy. Bigger bucks are still holding off. Jumping some bigger bucks bedded in corn we’re picking and little bucks are chasing every doe they can find.

20191102_103239.jpg
Chasing tail got this guy in trouble this morning. Been hunting hard sense Thursday morning have seen a ton of chasing by 1 and 2 year olds nothing from the big boys. Today was the last day of our muzzleloader season and this guy came chasing the doe out i decided to fill the freezer. Luckily she decided to hang around long enough to let me get reloaded.

Saw a small buck bothering two does on my way home the other night in ND. Got daytime pictures of bucks on the camera

I was able to get a nice 3 year old buck to respond to grunt call as he was cruising by one his way towards an ag field. He came to within about 60 yards before he noticed some does and then he decided to go check them out. I watched him chase one of them around for about 10 minutes as it got dark.

Last night I got ran over by little forkies sparring. They made enough ruckus that it attracted a herd of does toward me and I was able to get one with my slug gun. First ever slug kill with loads I put together myself. The big boys (I use this term lightly) are not paying attention but I suspect it will pick up by next weekend.

I have not seen many roadkills in my part of West Virginia recently but I expect to see a change in the next week.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back