White black bear cub!

Iron Buck

These pictures were posted on another site. It is said to be from North Western PA but I am not sure how accurate that information is. At any rate......it is one awesome little bear! Where ever he is from it would be nice to see him grow to an adult :D

196490.JPG

196487.JPG

196486.JPG

[ 07-13-2004, 05:14: Message edited by: Iron Buck ]

Iron Buck, THANX for the pictures man !!! Nothing I like seeing more then a Big Bear is a REAL Tiny one !!! They are Awsome to watch !!!!

That is a Cool color. Thanx for the pictures !!

In the first pic he looks almost more like a wolf cub or some other kind of canine than a bear. Really cute little guy.

You have just seen a Kermode Bear, caused by a double recessive gene.....they are quite common in British Columbia, but are rarely seen elsewhere. These are fantastic pictures. The bear will stay white throughout it's lifespan.....they are not albinos. I doubt this picture came from PA, but if it did, it is very, very, very unusual. They are known also as "Spirit Bears" in B.C.

Awesome bear pics. Would love to find one at my bait site. I would dump it in a heart beat when older. Very impressive wherever it came from.

That is an excellent pic of a Spirit Bear.... Thanks for sharing, sure makes for a great morning to see pics like this...

Just a little technical correction there, whitedeer. While Kermode black bears are white, all white black bears are not classified as Kermode bears. Kermode bear ONLY live along the coast of B.C. and a few along the coast of S.E. Alaska. Anywhere else a white black bear would just be classified as a "white phased" black bear, not a Kermode.

Kermode, shermode...............if he don't get out of that road he won't be around long.

JB

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back