• Fall back time permanently

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Keep it how it is

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whomever came up with time changes obviously did not take care of young children. Both their bedtime routine and morning routine is a fight for a week…two weeks a year!

Selfishly, it’s nice to be able to bow hunt after work in Oct, but that’s a pretty minor detail. Just pick a time and never change it again.

Daylight savings is stupid in Alaska. Yay... its light out until midnight... in the spring. It's dark in the mornings for the kids either way. The excuse for not not going with the rest of the country is we'd be 5 hrs behind east coast. WFC.

They need to move the date of change to the first Tuesday in Nov. I'll bet we get rid of it fast.

Here is my thing, and this is just my personal situation but I know there are more folks in the same boat:

If it gets dark at 8:30 P.M I am outside working until 8:30 P.M. Then I have inside chores that need to be done. Makes for late nights. I get less sleep on DST.

If a person has a “9 to 5” and spends their time inside I guess it doesn’t matter, but for me it stinks having that daylight added during a time when it is hot. I would rather have it in the morning time when the Louisiana summer is most bearable.

Split it down the middle. When we fall back this fall just fall back 30 minutes and leave it be. That way everyone gets equally screwed.

Last edited:
I worked in the energy industry where electricity is bought, sold, traded based on time of day, day of week, on-peak, off-peak, etc. BUT it’s SCHEDULED based on a 24 hour day. Sooo twice a year everything would undoubtedly be fubarred cuz the traders, schedulers, check-out analysts, etc. had to deal with the damn time change.

Just pick ONE, we’re humans; we will get over it and two years later no one will even be talking about it!

I don't really care one way or another. Sunrise/set changes throughout the year. I'm still employed, so I'm set on a specific time schedule. Hunting seasons will just be something to get accustomed to if anything changes. At LEAST it will be the same from then on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back