Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Keep it how it is

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And why should that ever be at 2am?
If I want to salmon fish in June (spring chinook) I have to get up at 1-something, to be on the water and setup for the daily opening. That's f-in' assinine.

for the vast majority of people, our "work" or our day-to-day activities generally involve other people or institutions. It does me zero good, to try to get that done at 3 am. Nor is that all all beneficial to a marriage. I assume we can all agree it's good to go to bed the same time as your wife, for obvious reasons. There is zero chance I'm convincing her to change her schedule to go to bed a 7pm, before the kids (!?), so that we can get 8 hrs of sleep, to get up at 3am to "enjoy that wonderful extra daylight in the summer". It's so impractical as to be laughable.
giphy.gif
Wasnt saying anything to do with changing the time. My post was in reference to @rtraverdavis about only getting up early for hunting and fishing.

And why should that ever be at 2am?
If I want to salmon fish in June (spring chinook) I have to get up at 1-something, to be on the water and setup for the daily opening. That's f-in' assinine.

for the vast majority of people, our "work" or our day-to-day activities generally involve other people or institutions. It does me zero good, to try to get that done at 3 am. Nor is that all all beneficial to a marriage. I assume we can all agree it's good to go to bed the same time as your wife, for obvious reasons. There is zero chance I'm convincing her to change her schedule to go to bed a 7pm, before the kids (!?), so that we can get 8 hrs of sleep, to get up at 3am to "enjoy that wonderful extra daylight in the summer". It's so impractical as to be laughable.
E82B5E84-A178-4B9F-8976-9CDCE071D2D1.gif

Opposites my wife gets up at 3 am so she can do laundry and have coffee and read the paper without the kids.😆
You guys must be knocking on 90 like my wife and I. Put the kids to bed about 8, discus’s watching TV. Decide we’re too tired. Go to bed, wake up at 2-3, get our crap all done then wonder why we’re tired at 8pm. 🤣

You guys must be knocking on 90 like my wife and I. Put the kids to bed about 8, discus’s watching TV. Decide we’re too tired. Go to bed, wake up at 2-3, get our crap all done then wonder why we’re tired at 8pm. 🤣
Yup we joke all the time how were 80 year olds. Everyone in the house is usually up by 5 am.

If I get 6 at night I'm pretty lucky.
Of course now I'm an old fart and retired. 67 next month or is it 90?.
So the 2 hr nap mid day in the shade in a breeze does not count. When I want.
I earned it by working my ass off on others odd hours.

When they change the time in the prime of the rut I tend to cuss waking up at 4:00 when it could be 5:00. And I like being able to squeeze in evening hunts, until early November when they've historically ruined that for me. So I'm all in for a change.

However-----

The white man in AZ, are one of only two states in the U.S. that doesn't change----while the Navajo Indian Reservation in Az does change. To make this even more of a "are you kidding me" is that the Hopi indian reservation, which is completely surrounded by the Navajo Indian Reservation also stays on regular time, like the State they are in-------but--------after having said all that, I love your post !:love:

I was thinking as I was reading comments it also seems like it’s more of a preference based geography than on job/ preferred activity.
I don't think that is exactly true. Maybe it is a combination of the above factors.

I have yet to talk to one person that works for the company that I work for or any of our clients that think this is good. Of course we are in an outdoor related industry in a part of the country where we will have 8 A.M. sunrises during the winter if this passes. We don't work until it is light outside because of safety reasons, unless their is an emergency. So, like I said before, instead of the techs being able to work 7 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. they are going to have to work 8 A.M to 4:30 P.M. to get their 8 hours. The same goes for many of our clients workers who are in the same boat.

There are a lot of people that a one size fits all solution screws.

I hope they kill this bill or amend it.

Falling back 30 minutes from where we are now when November comes and then leaving it be would be the most equitable solution.

As much as I hate changing the clock I would rather do that than stay on DST year round.

I don't think that is exactly true. Maybe it is a combination of the above factors.
I have yet to talk to one person that works for the company that I work for or any of our clients that think this is good. Of course we are in an outdoor related industry in a part of the country where we will have 8 A.M. sunrises during the winter if this passes. We don't work until it is light outside because of safety reasons, unless their is an emergency. So, like I said before, instead of the techs being able to work 7 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. they are going to have to work 8 A.M to 4:30 P.M. to get their 8 hours. The same goes for many of our clients workers who are in the same boat.

My thoughts, if you live in Alaska you don't give a shit it's crazy anyway, whatever arguments either side has about anything are stupid. Buses in the dark... we'll show buses in the dark.

For the rest of the country, I think people generally like Sun rise at 7am and sunset after 5pm, slightly favoring a sunset at or after 5pm over a sun rise before 7am.

So generally speaking folk in New England would be in favor daylight savings permanent as it gets dark before 5pm in the winter. In the South the preference would be for standard because on standard it doesn't get dark before 5pm.

Obviously this also changes upon where in the time zone you live.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1647453732054.png
1647453681942.png
1647453713669.png
1647454142418.png
1647454124147.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1647453891735.png
1647453681942.png
1647453851603.png
1647453936425.png
1647453923115.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1647454023103.png
1647454004840.png
1647454071147.png
1647454050563.png

My thoughts, if you live in Alaska you don't give a shit it's crazy anyway, whatever arguments either side has about anything are stupid. Buses in the dark... we'll show buses in the dark.

For the rest of the country, I think people generally like Sun rise at 7am and sunset after 5pm, slightly favoring a sunset at or after 5pm over a sun rise before 7am.

So generally speaking folk in New England would be in favor daylight savings permanent as it gets dark before 5pm in the winter. In the South the preference would be for standard because on standard it doesn't get dark before 5pm.

Obviously this also changes upon where in the time zone you live.

View attachment 215608
View attachment 215606
View attachment 215607
View attachment 215618
View attachment 215617

View attachment 215610
View attachment 215606
View attachment 215609
View attachment 215612
View attachment 215611

-------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 215614
View attachment 215613
View attachment 215616
View attachment 215615
Yup, makes sense.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever