Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Keep it how it is

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marshian

Seeing as how tonight we spring forward, I was curious peoples’ opinion on the matter. As more of a natural night owl and not at all a morning person except when forced upon me by work and good hunting/ fishing- I wish we would stay in spring forward always. Others may disagree though…

For most of my life here in IN we didn't have to worry about it. It makes 0 sense why they changed it. Some of our state is even on a different time zone.🙄

Reactions: JDH
Time is what it is. Mtn. Standard time is Mtn Standard time,etc.
You don't ever gain an hour or lose an hour. You just get your head screwed with.
I found this amazing discovery, lights, for when you get to work in the dark or end the day in the dark.
Only 8 hrs of sunlight at times and that will not change.

If it stayed DST year around, sunrise would be just before 9AM in December thru mid January. Even as I type this at 645AM DST, it is dark as night outside.

For kids getting off to school, it is safer if it is not so dark while they do it.

It is not the biggest fish to fry, presently.

I kinda like it the way it is. In the winter I would rather have it get light earlier and in the summer, I like it to stay light later. I do a lot of fishing in the summer and like to get there at dawn. If dawn was 4:00 AM there wouldn't be much sense in going to bed the night before. I have to laugh at people who say the change messes them up so badly because they loose an hour of sleep. Somehow they always loose an hour of sleep no matter which way they change the clock. I suppose it could mess you up a little if you go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning. Personally I don't know anybody who does that. So how is staying up an hour later to finish watching a movie or getting up an hour early to go hunting any different than changing the clock by an hour?

If I had to choose one or the other I would choose DST and just put up with it being dark late into the morning.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back